halo 3 massacre

GuJuMaN89

ok so i preordereed my limited edition halo 3 at bestbuy, and today was the pickup. well when i got there, ALL the limited edition ones were scratched to hell cuz MS just threw em into a box and they all opened up. and by scratchd, i mean it looks like sandpaper went to it. im so mad lol

i just googled it and it was a nationwide problem. it seems that MS is a bunch of idiots and all the plastic tabs are broken so basicly disk + metal surface = owned. im soo pissed, even though MS is replaceing them free of charge, they should send me the disk first and THEN i will send them back. im not paying $70 for a partially scratched disk even if it plays fine

Yea, it has to do with a poor quality tab that resulted in the discs coming loose and flying around the inside of the box.

This is why I bought the cheapest one. I don't care about all that other stuff, I just want to play the game :D

Yea, it has to do with a poor quality tab that resulted in the discs coming loose and flying around the inside of the box.

This is why I bought the cheapest one. I don't care about all that other stuff, I just want to play the game :D

:withstupid:

The legendary set is a bit silly really... The helmet is cool, but isn't really useful - and the special features aren't worth the extra cash.

ok so i preordereed my limited edition halo 3 at bestbuy, and today was the pickup. well when i got there, ALL the limited edition ones were scratched to hell cuz MS just threw em into a box and they all opened up. and by scratchd, i mean it looks like sandpaper went to it. im so mad lol

Yep. Out of our shipment of ~40 LE versions, 12 of the aluminum cases were dented and crushed during shipping and could not be sold, and another 14 were scratched to hell. One poor guy went through 6 before he got one that wasnt scratched. At 70 bucks a pop that is quite a bit of unsold merchandise to send back to MS. The stupid CD is basically just sitting on a little rubber circle thing, that doesnt even click the disk into place. Ends up coming off and sliding around with the instruction manual :lol:

Owned.

The standard edition actually has the old school Xbox game fastener that holds the disks much better! Whoever designed the LE box should be fired. I'm sure they lost hundreds of thousands of dollars due to scratched game disks(the "essentials" extra features disk stays in place fine in the back of the case...its just the more important actual game that slides around).

That looks like a horrible photoshop job to me. :lol:

I'll have you know that that helmet is really there! :lol:

I posted the original photo to begin with, but then changed it in case he didn't want his face all over teh internets.