Bringing her home tomorrow

airman

well, it's a done deal, driving to the lot (about an hour away) to pick her up tomorrow. 95 Eclipse GS-T, stock. Planning on making this my major car project :)

I wonder if i'll be able to sleep tonight? I'm extra excited about it.

By the way, anyone want a 98 dodge avenger? It's for sale ;)

GS-T, that's the turbo, front-drive version, right? Auto or manual(please say stick-shift?)

yessah. but no matter how much i want to tell you it's a stick, it's not. i'm getting one hell of a deal on it (considering it's a gs-t) and i can't pass it up. i will be swapping it out for a manual somewhere down the road though. auto/turbos do have their ups. you don't loose boost when it shifts, and you get perfect shifts each time. but trust me, i want the manual. gs-ts are really rare around here...and i've gotta drive an hour to get it.

I prefer the 1st or 2nd Gen eclipses, but the new ones are nice as well...

Buy project car you mean "engine" work right, not street glow neon and 32 piece body kit? :D

I'm not implying that cars don't look good with body kits either, it just irks me when people only add an intake, header, muffler and insist on making their cars look like racecars...

nice little cars, my friend has a 97 gst with a 5 speed, has a performance clutch, blowoff valve, injen intake and exhust, chip, and cams. im not able to beat him by much. it puts up a big fight.

I prefer the 1st or 2nd Gen eclipses, but the new ones are nice as well...

Buy project car you mean "engine" work right, not street glow neon and 32 piece body kit? :D

I'm not implying that cars don't look good with body kits either, it just irks me when people only add an intake, header, muffler and insist on making their cars look like racecars...

its not that they make it look like they are, nothing wrong with cosmetics only, as long as you dont pass it off as being fast and act like its a race car.

Yea those SRT-4's are supposedly the fastest cars under $20K...

;)

Yeah, the Neon SRT4 started at 18k, and the third year run was putting 300 turbo charged horses out. That coupled with the stock Brembo brakes, racing seats, and Mopar's willingness to offer a class 3 turbo upgrade along with transmission and suspension upgrades, and you have one mean car. The fact that they are becoming more and more rare because kids are wrecking them left and right is making me consider buying one, even if I dont fit in it :)

The new SRT4 based on the Caliber isnt really for me, styling-wise, but being AWD (eventually) should eliminate that pesky torque steer.

C

The new SRT4 based on the Caliber isnt really for me, styling-wise, but being AWD (eventually) should eliminate that pesky torque steer.
I definitely prefer the older styled SRT-4's even with the obnoxious wing... :D

Now if they crammed a sporty AWD system in the current SRT-4 (like the 1st and 2nd GEN. Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers) and bumped up the horsepower a bit these things could be beasts!

It could be a "SRT-4-AWD" or "SRT4-4" :D:)

Edited by Andrewr05