UF Student tasered at John Kerry Speech

WhenKittensATK

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A better video http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3ec_1190097717&p=1

The officers' reason to arrest him was for inciting a riot. I didn't hear the officer say it, but the guy said it out pretty loud. Looks like he planned for things to go this way.

Looks too hyped up on adrenaline to calm down.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Figured he was going for some sort of reaction with the way he was behaving. Tasers are being used more and more often these days. And I can end there to make it sound like cops are cowards. But they're being used to prevent conflict and in place of more brutal forms of suspect control.

If you do not comply with an officer (he resisted arrest and went all over the place), like I said, you WILL be forced to comply with the officers demands through whatever force the officer determines necessary. Tasers save people from a LOT of pain, as bosco explained. In fact, many lives of officers could have been saved had they had things as powerful as that to take down unruly suspects. People can resist police grade pepper spray, especially when high. They can resist beatings. I will freaking pay money to see someone resist 100,000+ volts of electricity course through their body. No matter who you are, a full cycle from a taser WILL drop you, guaranteed or your money back. And THAT'S why it was used.

one thing to consider is you have the right to resist unlawful arrest...

i did not see him do anything illegal.

he was offered the opportunty to ask questions, and it seemed Kerry was quite willing to answer them.

the fact that the question may have been controversial is not illegal.

i would think arresting someone for asking a question, after being invited to do so is borderline entrapment.

i think they were heavy handed from the beginning and the police actions led up to what eventually took place.

i think they were more concerned with shutting him up than anything else.

the escalation of the incedent was the fault of the police.

once it was taking place, the suspect should have complied.

police are like ants...

you cannot fight their numbers.

they just keep coming.

the kid was probably trying to get some attention, and was quite successful.

Did you read the other information? He was trying to start up trouble, and went past his mic time. When he refused to stop, the mic power was cut, and he started trouble. When being walked away, he started more trouble.

Whether or not you have the right to resist what you think is unlawful arrest, don't ever try it. Whether it's lawful in your mind or not, it's best to deal with that at the station and not while the cop's willing to bring you down to get you there.

Did you read the other information? He was trying to start up trouble, and went past his mic time. When he refused to stop, the mic power was cut, and he started trouble. When being walked away, he started more trouble.

Whether or not you have the right to resist what you think is unlawful arrest, don't ever try it. Whether it's lawful in your mind or not, it's best to deal with that at the station and not while the cop's willing to bring you down to get you there.

it is not just lawful in my mind...

it is the law.

i also do not suggest exersizing your right to resist.

i am just pointing out it is "legal" to resist unlawful arrest.

i still think it is the cops fault it escalated to the point it did.

i was once accosted by several police officers at a class reunion, while doing absolutely nothing wrong.

it seems an old girlfriend told them i called her a female dog. (I did not)

since her dad was a cop, his buddies thought they would make some brownie points.

when they grabbed me...

i was charged with resisting arrest.

when we went to court, my attorney had a copy of the security tapes from the event.

after veiwing them in the judges chambers, the judge aksed if i wanted to press charges against the officers for assault.

i told him i just wanted to forget about the entire thing.

this was where i learned that it is indeed lawful to resist arrest in rare cases.

Sorry to hear about your experience, but while it may be lawful, it's in your best interests not to, as you seem to understand.

The student in question however, jumped all over the place and did his best to make a commotion. I showed Fire_Medic/Xinul the video, and he said that the commotion he was making was enough to be arrested for, let alone RESISTING arrest like that. nVidia made a sarcastic comment about Bosco's or nerm's posts making the use of a taser justified. In fact, they did. A non-violent and peaceful approach failed, so they stepped up their force to use of physical assertion. That failed, so they went to the next non-lethal method of force after he continued to resist, and that was a taser. Their only other viable options would have resulted in physical injury, which is taught to be prevented if possible.

And if you think that a taser causes physical injury, you have some studying to do.