I think I have waited long enough

gotdamojo06

That would be great for cooling, especially because I don't like folding bigger WUs at 65C. I would not look forward to having to work with the cable, though. Would you use that as an intake or exhaust? Intake I assume.

I would use it as an intake, but it depends on how the rest of your fans are set up.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As would I, however the cables going to the side air intake is a pain in the arse...

If it was a short cable that you could run an extention to in order to unplug it and remove the side it would be a lot better. All of my fan connectors are behind the mobo tray connected to a molex cable from the PSU.

still trying to hide that dang cable is so hard, I had it taped on the metal molding on the case, then I cut that part off so that does not work any more, but I have to be at work in about 6hrs so i need some sleep catch you guys later...Ill post you guys up on the build tomorrow...

Everything has arrived and everything has just been installed (hardware wise). Now I'm on to the next few steps of installing XP, then drivers, then programs and getting everything just perfect...then I'm off to OC'n the crap out of this thing.

The removal of the Crazy Cool backplate was extremely easy once you figured out you had to remove the top fin of the NB HS. Like I said I will keep everyone posted with the progress, however I will be off line for quite some time, especially due to the fact that I have to leave for work in 2 and a half hours. Tomorrow is one of my days off so everything hopefully will be completed then.

I also will post pictures and screen tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help and I hope that someone can help me with the OC seeing as I have never OC'd an Intel chip nor a Dual core.

:ph34r:

I also will post pictures and screen tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help and I hope that someone can help me with the OC seeing as I have never OC'd an Intel chip nor a Dual core.

Pictures are always good. :)

There have been plenty of threads about OCing Core 2s. Just make sure you read those before you ask any questions otherwise you're guaranteed to get a verbal smackdown. ;)

And what "Crazy Cool backplate" are you talking about?

Ill post a picture of it when I post the others. I can't find the cable to connect my digital camera to the comp... :(

I had one hell of a time trying to find the CD for the Wireless Network adapter that I lent my sister...She has the same adapter as I, however she lost hers. I lent it to her like 2 months ago and I forgot to get it back, she is out of the state right now so I had to rip her room apart to find it :D Took about 10 hrs or no internet to find it...haha

According to Speedfan 4.32, The cores are running at: Core 0-24C and Core1 -28C Idle... This is a lot better than the 40s with the 939 :)

Ill post a picture of it when I post the others. I can't find the cable to connect my digital camera to the comp... :(

I had one hell of a time trying to find the CD for the Wireless Network adapter that I lent my sister...She has the same adapter as I, however she lost hers. I lent it to her like 2 months ago and I forgot to get it back, she is out of the state right now so I had to rip her room apart to find it :D Took about 10 hrs or no internet to find it...haha

According to Speedfan 4.32, The cores are running at: Core 0-24C and Core1 -28C Idle... This is a lot better than the 40s with the 939 :)

Whats going to be the easiest way to transfer all my iTunes music from the old rig to this one? There is about 20GB, I was thinking that I would just plug in the old IDE drive into the new computer and transfer it that way, however if someone has a better suggestion, I'm open to ideas!

Nice temps. ;)

Whats going to be the easiest way to transfer all my iTunes music from the old rig to this one? There is about 20GB, I was thinking that I would just plug in the old IDE drive into the new computer and transfer it that way, however if someone has a better suggestion, I'm open to ideas!

That's probably the best, easiest, and fastest way to do it. I suppose you could stick it in an external HDD case and use USB/firewire, but that's a slower process.

Thats what I figured as well, Cores 0 and 1 are sitting at 18C and 21 C respectively. This is the quietest computer that I think I have ever personally owned, especially with 3 120mm fans (+1 on the PSU) and 2 90mm fans and a big GPU fan...haha!

I can't wait until I start to OC this bad boy...I need to get all the OC testing apps downloaded...all I have right now is CPU-Z, ORTHOS, Super PI, Speed Fan, OCCT PK, and Intel Thermal Analysis Tool.

I know that this cannot be correct however CPU-Z is reporting that Temp3 (whatever that is) is sitting at -2C ?!?!

The Rest of the temps are...

Temp1:34C

Temp2:15C

Temp3:-2C

HD0: 28C

Core 0:18C

Core 1:20C

I was curious what the FW score would be for this comp at stock, without running 3d03 and 3d05 (still downloading) 231,934 is my FW scor...a lot better than my s939 which was 82,909 w/o 3d05 (couldn't run it on my 9200)

The Rest of the temps are...

Temp1:34C

Temp2:15C

Temp3:-2C

HD0: 28C

Core 0:18C

Core 1:20C

Yeah, those temps seem a bit too low. What is your ambient temp?

By Ambient you mean the difference between idle and full load correct?

I have not looked at that yet, in the PC Health in the BIOS, the cpu temp reading was at 18C.

I got 3d03 installed and added those points to the FW score calculator and that brought my score up to 249,832 @ stock

Well I let OCCT PK run for 10min (Custom Infinite (CPU + RAM Blend)) and the temps are as follow:

Temp 1: 34C

Temp 2: 30C

Temp3: -2C

HDD0: 27C

Core 0: 33C

Core 1: 35C

That gives me an increase of 15C for Core 0 and 15C for Core 1

If you need some SS, I will post them later as I need to get some sleep due to the fact that I have to wake up for work in 5hrs.

I will create a new topic and post the link here when I get all the pictures uploaded and everything all setup and when I get ready to OC the crap out of this computer...

Also when I was running OCCT PK it was using 99.15% of the CPU on average