What FF extensions do you use?

I can't find IE View on the add-on page, help?

That's because it's on mozdev.org. :)http://ieview.mozdev.org/

That's a great site for extensions. If you're interested, MinimizeToTray is hosted there as well.

EDIT: This was under number 1 in "Known Issues" for IE View

User Jim Courtney reports better luck using TabMix in place of TabBrowser extensions - TabMix has many of the functions of TBE, as well as additional functionality of its own, and plays well with others.

That's another reason to use TabMix.

EDIT 2: Now that I think about it... I don't think that Tabbrowser Preferences is the extension I used to use. It was probably TBE. And I found this on the TBE website:

This extension strongly unrecommended. Tab Mix is recommended instead of this, because it is stable, light, and it covers most useful features of this.
Edited by Bleeble

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, I still want to know the benefit of TabMix vs Tabbed Browser Extensions that I am using. I have seen that one a few times. Why IE view over IE tab? I have found IE tab does the basic job, but is buggy when it comes to using the back and forward buttons on my MX-510, and some pages don't run like IE under it anyway. Can you elaborate on why you use what you do?

Tab Mix Plus just has more options.

You kinda answered your own question for IE View vs IE Tab.

IE View lets you launch the current page or a link in IE itself, so there is no incompatibility issue. The page opens in IE. That's why I use it.