Lga 775 Mobo Suggestions

Not really, the 680i boards would be worth it, but they're around 200$ or more.

alright, i guess i'll end up with that gigabyte...i wasn't planning on SLI but it'd be an easy upgrade to just buy an extra card =P

Not really, the 680i boards would be worth it, but they're around 200$ or more.

Gigabyte 650i SLI $137

eVGA 680i LT SLI $170

The fully fledged 680i boards are around $220+. The 680i LT is just about the same thing as the full 680i, with some extra bells and whistles missing (3rd PCI-E is gone, green PCB, regular chipset fans (which are better than the heat pipes IMO) debug LED etc.)

I'd recommend the the 680i LT SLI over the 650i, but the difference is fairly small in terms of overclocking. It's up to you. They are all excellent overclockers.

Edited by The Unforgivin

excellent finds there unforgiven.

Indeed! Those are some good alternatives to what's been suggested so far. I still like the P35-DSR3 myself, but those are some other good options in the same price category.

yea, especially that 680i board looks nice! However, in general, the plan to "future pop in another card" is useless! What happens in the end is probably that you'll just end up buying the higher power card and selling the other one.

both of those motherboards look great. i'll probably go with either one of them. i'll have to think on it. i do have some time though, price drops arent' supposed to happen until late july, correct?

king - i really thought it'd be nice to have SLI incase i decided to want dual cards in the future. but you are somewhat right in that statement. :)

king - i really thought it'd be nice to have SLI incase i decided to want dual cards in the future. but you are somewhat right in that statement. :)

I really thought that too last time, that's why I got my SLI-DR, but here it sits about a year and a half later with that second PCIe slot lonely and empty :)

The problem I ran into was that by the time I felt like upgrading my 7800gt, you couldn't buy them retail anymore. So now I'm shopping ebay for a year old card and I'm just not sure I want to pay much money for a year old used card I've never even seen before. That's why the next time around I'll probably just get a really nice single slot card and save the rest of my money for a better video card.