2.5v rated running at 2.6v safe?

Hey I origonally had 2 sticks of Mushkin DDR400 PC3200 512mb they are rated at 2.5 volts. One of the burnt out and I ordered a replacement. The replacement runs at 2.6v. If you put that stick in along with the Mushkin one and set the bios voltage to 2.6 It runs fine without any errors in mem test. I am curious though it that will hurt it ?

Thanks,

Jordan

well, it's going to shorten the life of it....techincally. however it will be negligible enough that you wouldn't notice. say for example that chip has a life expectancy of 10 years. it might end up having a life of 8 years, which, you probably won't still own it by then. plus, 0.1v is very little of an increase. if you were running 3+v, i would make sure you have adequate airflow in your case. i've been running my patriot xbl for 2 years at 3v with no issues.

Not at all. 2.5 or 2.6 is jedec spec. Now if you push 2.8 or 2.9v then there might be an issue. I ran my UCCC based ddr400 on 2.9v with no issues. As a matter of fact its still running that way in a folding rig.

Not at all. 2.5 or 2.6 is jedec spec. Now if you push 2.8 or 2.9v then there might be an issue. I ran my UCCC based ddr400 on 2.9v with no issues. As a matter of fact its still running that way in a folding rig.

:withstupid:

I run my UCCC at 2.82v, have been for about a year now :)

The "shortening the life" stuff is just silly. Computer components last so far beyond their usefulness that their life-span is pretty much irrelevant on average.