Power supply measurement

Hi, I like some info on how to total up the power my computer needs to run.Let me list the parts i have and power supply.And give me a how to on figuring it up etc and i will do it.I need to learn how to anyway.

AMD X2 3800+ windsor {65 watt i think}

ATI Sapphire x1800xt 512 dd3 pci-express

Benq 16x Lightscribe dvd burner

Asus M32n-sli deluxe {crazy board}

120 gig ide western digital hard drive

Logitech keyboard mouse / wired

Samsung SynMaster 740n 17 inch lcd

PGI Turbo pc 5400 ram @ 4-4-4-12 {512 x 2 dual channel}

HIPER 580 watt modular power supply

http://www.hipergroup.com/English/products/hpu-4k580.html {info on it}

No case {sitting on desktop bare}

{maybe going to buy a Antec 900 case}

I'm asking this because i just bought all this and today finally got my rma'd ati video card back.

Maybe this will be all the info you need i hope, if not i will get what ever else you need.Good Day

Edited by KILLER_K

It's quite difficult to find out an exact figure to be looking at for what your computer needs to run.

Something like a Kill-A-Watt meter should give you a reasonable measurement of the power your computer draws.

This is the measurement at the plug though.

If you multiply the number by the PSUs efficiency, you should get a rough number in W.

The efficiency % will be an estimate based on the PSUs efficiency curve (if you can find one).

Example:

A Computer draws 250W from the plug and the PSU is about 75% efficient at this rating.

250 x 75% = 187.5W

Thanks i will try and figure it all up then , i was worried because "Everest" was stating my power supply voltages @ a little under then what normal should be.Maybe it isn't very accurate or i'm stressing out over nothing.

Everest Ultimate Volt Sensor S.S

everestreportonvoltageng6.th.jpg

I would more or less completely ignore voltage readings in software myself.

As long as your system is running and is stable, that's what matters.

Thanks i will try and figure it all up then , i was worried because "Everest" was stating my power supply voltages @ a little under then what normal should be.Maybe it isn't very accurate or i'm stressing out over nothing.

Everest Ultimate Volt Sensor S.S

everestreportonvoltageng6.th.jpg

I wouldn't be concerned with those readings. They're within tolerance. Plus, you have to figure that it's a software measurement, so it's going to have a certain margin of error. If you're not having problems, I wouldn't worry.

There are a few decent power consumption calculator pages out there. Basically, you punch in the components you have, and it'll tell you how much power it needs. Some will even let you figure in a CPU overvolt and overclock, which is very cool. But there's quite a bit of skepticism attached to a lot of those things, and with good reason. I would treat them as a "guess", and also assume they're a bit high as well.

I don't have the links on my work PC, but I'll try to remember to post them here when I get home. Maybe someone else will dig them up before I get home, though :)