New rig, any suggestions?

BobTheMystic

The LT supports the new CPU's out of the box that run at 1333mhz and from what I have heard the EVGA LT mops the floor in overclocking vs the 680i. Most of the 680i's support the newer cpu's so not to worry about that.

Huh? the LT, or Lite, is just a A1/T1 680i with all the bells and whistles removed. They both use the 680i chipset. Heck, they even use the same reference board...

13-188-012-03.jpg

13-188-014-04.jpg

Yes that is correct, as well my statement still stands...... I never pointed out the loss of stuff my bad.

Also there is a different Bio's on the LT's then on the normal 680i's.

And again if you notice there is only a few LT's supporting 1333Mhz actually there is only one available that I have found so far all the others cap out at 1066.

Yes that is correct, as well my statement still stands...... I never pointed out the loss of stuff my bad.

Also there is a different Bio's on the LT's then on the normal 680i's.

And again if you notice there is only a few LT's supporting 1333Mhz actually there is only one available that I have found so far all the others cap out at 1066.

AFAIK, they all use the same BIOS, the Vanilla A1, Vanilla T1, and LT A1/T1 now support 1333. See product pages.

And all previous 680i boards, no matter what model, supports future 1333 FSB Core 2s, due to the P27 BIOS update.

They are all the same boards, the only physical difference is with the LT A1/T1 which is just a cheaper option.

Vanilla A1=Full blown board with all the accessories.

Vanilla T1=Full blown board with bare necessities.

LT A1=Lite board with all the accessories.

LT T1=Lite board with bare necessities.

Edited by The Unforgivin