Official OCC CS:S Server!

sdy284

I like Gun Game up till the point where you get to grenades. Then it goes downhill for me. The excitement is gone and it becomes more like work than play.

Now, I would love to keep my server as normal, but I find something "off" with the original game. I think you get killed way too quickly compared to Gun Game. Yea, that's definitely it.

I don't think it's that you get killed quicker than in GunGame, I just think planting bombs and saving hosties...rounds can take longer than GunGame.

As for nades, it's fine when you have a full server, like at least 4-on-4 (no bots), but the problem is we lack enough people to make that happen on a consistent basis. One thing I've seen help on other servers, it to give a glock or usp on nade level. I don't know if that's a separate mod of GunGame, or something you can just configure like the order of weapons. But that may be a viable option in our case. At least giving a pistol will make it so you're no complete cannon fodder and can do something useful.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's that you get killed quicker than in GunGame, I just think planting bombs and saving hosties...rounds can take longer than GunGame.

As for nades, it's fine when you have a full server, like at least 4-on-4 (no bots), but the problem is we lack enough people to make that happen on a consistent basis. One thing I've seen help on other servers, it to give a glock or usp on nade level. I don't know if that's a separate mod of GunGame, or something you can just configure like the order of weapons. But that may be a viable option in our case. At least giving a pistol will make it so you're no complete cannon fodder and can do something useful.

I'm pretty sure that option is available, but i'd rather not use it...

And there were about 8 guys on the server about an hour ago & the highest ping was 150... so i have no idea whats going on :blink:

your server wasnt found when i tried :(

how about a DM server then? DM is mega cool :D

Hmm, DM. I'll look into it

Oh, and my server is back up. :thumbs-up:

Nice one.

DM is fun because there is no waiting - it's right back into the action! spawning and then appearing behind someone with a cheeky headshot is wonderful. It also stops one person dominating TOO much...though the kill scores get into the hundreds quickly on 40 player servers!

To all the brits and other Europeans, you guys wanna play on some servers that are closer together? I still have 2 days of vacation left to be filled :lol:

What time zone are you in? There is a possibility! Though the OCC/Kash server is much better lately for pings. . .

To all the brits and other Europeans, you guys wanna play on some servers that are closer together? I still have 2 days of vacation left to be filled :lol:

AH. apparently you are the same time zone as I am...but I would imagine you are about an hour ahead? Not many ppl have accurate clocks on the forums you see! it's 19:55 here :)

edit: an injij, the bots are retards

lol, actually if you put the bots on the smartest setting with the OFFICIAL cs:s maps and the regular game, not gungame, then it's pretty good.

AH. apparently you are the same time zone as I am...but I would imagine you are about an hour ahead? Not many ppl have accurate clocks on the forums you see! it's 19:55 here :)

here its 21:08 right now, so I suppose we are on the same time?! How come? I thought England was an hour behind? My bro is at school in Malvern (near Birmingham) and he has/had an hour difference. Maybe that changed when we changed to summertime? :unsure:

[edit] scratch that, my forum time is messed up. Lemme change it!

[edit2] now its correct :)

Yeah this was running on a local server on my laptop with no mods. awp_monolopy map however. I was just speculating.

The things where trying to shoot each other with deagles all the way across the map. :lol:

lol, nice. and I think you mean "spectating" ;)