Official OCC CS:S Server!

sdy284

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my ping was pretty much the same as everyone elses. about 200 when i kept checking. slowed a little as ppl joined though.

occasional lag, but it was still good fun. I'm happy with my progress after a mere 6 hours!

my ping was pretty much the same as everyone elses. about 200 when i kept checking. slowed a little as ppl joined though.

occasional lag, but it was still good fun. I'm happy with my progress after a mere 6 hours!

well you definately bring the pings up then... as they're usually ~80 - 120 ish

but it was fun killing you on the churches map :D

I've never seen 8 guys in the OCC server before... that was a pretty fun time :)

what are the pings like when I am gone? yesterday, lag wasn't too bad ... but i don't wanna ruin everyone's game by being the one to lag the server. I was getting 150 yesterday see.

edit: as i am a CSS n00b, what can be done to get a better ping? I can only assume a better server? which prolly costs money...right?

what are the pings like when I am gone? yesterday, lag wasn't too bad ... but i don't wanna ruin everyone's game by being the one to lag the server. I was getting 150 yesterday see.

edit: as i am a CSS n00b, what can be done to get a better ping? I can only assume a better server? which prolly costs money...right?

well moving to the US would greatly improve your ping:P

but really, there isn't much you or I can do to improve your ping that doesn't involve actually spending money to upgrade my home internet or spending money to rent an actual server :(

i'll just be a lag-o-saurus for now :lol:

as i said though: it seemed okay to me last night. deffo got worse with more people in the game

edit: i think it must have been so popular as it meant you guys could shoot the Englishman :D

Get a better connection the the server afik. The same thing happens when I join. And I'm not across the pond.
no, that's not lag....you just suck :P;):lol:

I'm coming in :D

Edit: Nevermind, it's still a stupid nub server full of bots.

that's what happens when you're 2 hours too late :P

I've never seen 8 guys in the OCC server before... that was a pretty fun time :)

:withstupid: That was awesome. :D

I have a 30/5 connection that could do well to bring pings down, but the problem is that I don't have a decent spare PC lying around to host the game on :(

Let's see what parts I have lying around. An Athlon64 3200 (skt 939), a stick of 512MB RAM, bunch of hard drives, couple of cases...yea, that's about it. Would need a PSU, vid card, and mobo to get something up and running.

:withstupid: That was awesome. :D

I have a 30/5 connection that could do well to bring pings down, but the problem is that I don't have a decent spare PC lying around to host the game on :(

Let's see what parts I have lying around. An Athlon64 3200 (skt 939), a stick of 512MB RAM, bunch of hard drives, couple of cases...yea, that's about it. Would need a PSU and mobo to get something up and running.

:unsure:

i just host mine on my laptop (1.8ghz Core Duo & 1gb ram)

even with 8 guys playing... CPU usage was ~ 15%