Office Space

ben333

This movie came out in 1998 right? But are they using windows 3x or linux?? (i cant tell..i think 3.1 ... but why?)

From Wiki - Hollywood OS

For example, in Office Space the predominant GUI which is shown looks like Apple's System 7; however, when the main character goes to shut down his computer, a command prompt is clearly visible which is not a part of the Mac OS but instead more commonly associated with Microsoft's MS-DOS and Windows operating systems.

They also tend to have sound effects unnecessarily accompanying every event, no matter how trivial.
OMFG

That is one of my biggest pet peeves, It truly is one of the most ignorant thing in the world...

Whenever I'm watching a movie and that happens I turn green and go into an uncontrollable rage!

Edited by Andrewr05

my favourite is how TYPING triggers a sound so you get BIP BIP BIPBBIBPIBIPBBIIBPB BIBPBPBIPBIBIBIPBPIBP from just typing anything lol

second favourite is "ENHANCE!" and then magically, detail is gathered on a crappy CCTV frame at like 200x125 pixels to 5000x2200 pixels...

my favourite is how TYPING triggers a sound so you get BIP BIP BIPBBIBPIBIPBBIIBPB BIBPBPBIPBIBIBIPBPIBP from just typing anything lol

second favourite is "ENHANCE!" and then magically, detail is gathered on a crappy CCTV frame at like 200x125 pixels to 5000x2200 pixels...

That crap is rediculous...

HOLD ON A SEC, LET ME HACK INTO THE CIA'S MAINFRAME:

www.cia.com/backdoor.html *bleep* *blip**bong!*

ENTER PASSWORD:

fvbsfdjlbgfbkjhgfdklgf

**ACCESS GRANTED**

:D

That crap is rediculous...

HOLD ON A SEC, LET ME HACK INTO THE CIA'S MAINFRAME:

www.cia.com/backdoor.html *bleep* *blip**bong!*

ENTER PASSWORD:

fvbsfdjlbgfbkjhgfdklgf

**ACCESS GRANTED**

:D

It's more like..

*Runs up to a random computer and suddenly knows how to use it*

*using existing software gets a log-in screen to CIA/FBI*

First 2 tries, big red access denied screens, then a big green access granted screen.

Immediately knows how to use the cia/fbi's mainframe, which is a colourful and user-friendly program, where you just type in a name/ss number

However, it doesn't bother me much. I have to watch office space tho, I actually havent seen it! I've been told its a great movie.

ARG!!! I hate that. Enemy of the State was the biggest culprit I can think of. I liked the movie, but zooming in 10x and enhancing, then rotating the view???!!! All from a crappy store security camera? That drives me nuts.