Pentium -D

NCC10281982B

Ok guys,

I want to get into the smp folding game full time. The prices of the high end amd dual core procs are out of my price bracket, so are the core2 chips. So that leaves the Pentium -D. So for folding and only folding, are these things worth it?

Ok guys,

I want to get into the smp folding game full time. The prices of the high end amd dual core procs are out of my price bracket, so are the core2 chips. So that leaves the Pentium -D. So for folding and only folding, are these things worth it?

Pentium D 915 no V.T. dual boot 3.55ghz = 11 minutes a frame, same W.U. Conroe E6600 3.2ghz = 6 minutes a frame

If you are going to use Vmware be sure you get one with V.T. if your not using Vmware then do not worry about it.

I'd just be running linux. vmvare has been refusing to dl :(

I bought the 915 for folding because its 65nm anything numbered lower than 915 is 90nm, I have a 920 also only difference is Virtual Technology there both 2.8ghz. Mine overclocked to 3.55ghz on stock vcore with ddr2-4200. You can get a 915 for $107.00 @ NewEgg

Edited by road-runner

I would rather pay those 14$ more for a 915 with 65nm, as it runs cooler and therefore can be clocked higher.

Yea thats why I bought a 915, right before I got the Conroe. I had the 920 from before I went on my 6 month vacation (if you want to call it that) :foldon: