Timmings...

How do you find out what your memory Timmings are set at...Im a n00b when it comes to memory, dont know that much about it, i need to learn more about it...

Also is there a way you could find out what brand of stick it is?

On the SPD tab it says for slots 1 and 2 are DDR

module size: 512 MB

Max bandwidth PC2300 (142MHz)

Manufacturer: Apacer Technology

-Timings Table-

Frequency 133 142

CAS Latency 2.0 2.5

RAS to CAS 3 3

RAS Precharge 3 3

Tras 6 7

on the memory tab...

Frequency 110.0

FSB:DRAM CPU/22

CAS Latency 2.0 clocks

RAS to CAS 2 clocks

Cycle Time 5 clocks

Bank Cycle time 7 clocks

command Rate 2T

DRAM idle Timer 16 clocks

So i would report it as being PC3200 w/ 2-2-5-7-2T correct?

then thats not DDR400. It's PC2300, whereas DDR400 = PC3200. That is DDR284 to be exact, so you will need to overclock those bad boys to get to DDR400. It's running at DDR220 right now, which is MIGHTY slow! 2-2-5-7-2T is also REALLY slow for those speeds, it shouldn't be running 2T anyways. Try setting 2.5-4-4-8 and boot at DDR400 and see what happens.

can you post a screenshot of the mem tab as well?

Find a copy of "EVEREST Home Edition", that program is the BOMB for finding out any information on any piece of hardware you have installed...

(they no longer have it on there website though, so you'll have to search for it)

ok, you are running 2-2-2-5-2T right now, at 110MHz. That sucks basically! Try as I said, use 2.5-4-4-8 and try to boot at 200MHz (DDR400) and see what it does. In worst of all cases, do a CMOS reset. If that works fine, you can also try 2.5-3-3-7, but I doubt mem specified for 142MHz will run 200MHz with 2.5-3-3-7. Worth a try however... Ohh, and be sure to set it to 1T, CPC Enabled or w/e its called in the Neo 2 Platinum BIOS!!

yeah, I thought that one of them was the mem tab...sorry

memorytab9sb.th.png

Also I have a divider set, i dont remember what it is...but someone told me to set it, so i did...

If that is right, then Ouch! Memory bandwidth is going to be pretty low running at 110mhz.

You must be running the 100 divider (i.e. running the Mem at half the HTT speed.. which would be 220mhz. 220*11= 2420 = cpu speed)

What I would probably do would be to set the memory at some pretty relaxed timings (say 3-4-4-8 or higher even) and see how high it will go (use the clockgen method if you want. Up the divider a little [use the 133 divider] and knock the CPU multi down a bit.. then ramp up the memory using clockgen until you get a hard lockup)

If you can get your RAM up to 200mhz then you can start trying to tighten up the timings a bit.

Edited by jammin

what are the settings at in the BIOS? under the DRAM tab (or what ever its called) is it frequency, CAS Lat., RAS to CAT, RAS Pre, Tras, Trc, and Command Rate?

Im really new to the messing around with the memory...that would explain why it seems that my computer is running slower...

so is this the program that I should download?

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Also I had just downloaded clockgen so I dont know the commands on the program that well yet...I will mess with this stuff later tonight, I still have to go to my Chem 121 class at 6:00pm - 6:50pm so I need to do the homework...but I hope that all of this is going to make some sort of a differentce in the speed of my computer...