new car...

Misuta_Yancha

so I just bought a 2002 acura RSX s-type and I want to get better speakers and put in a beefier amp, but I don't know that much about the sound system. I looked everywhere for the specs on the sound system and can't find the speaker sizes.

if anyone could tell me where to find this info, or just tell me what they are.

maybe even if someone could tell me the specs on the bose speakers the car comes stock with so I can tell if all I need is an amp or what

well as for the sizes the acura has

* Front: 6-3/4"

* Rear: 6-3/4"

* Front door: 6-3/4"

* Rear side panel: 6-3/4"

i guess yours is the one with the bose system... also another question... doe sit have a factory car stereo.. or an after market one?

www.crutchfield.com

click on the "what fits my car" link ;)

:withstupid: Crutchfield is great for that sort of info.

Also, find out if your car has a factory amp or not. Those can make an aftermarket stereo install MUCH more complicated.

Then, you need to figure out what you want to add. I'm assuming all four interior speakers, but then do you want to add a 4-channel amp for them, or just use the signals from a new head-unit? Also, do you want to add a sub?

i recommend infinitys for alll around speakers. u can go component packages too. kicker makes some good ones too. if u want a headunit, i would stay away from sony IMHO. i have a pioneer and i love it. kenwood is pretty decent too. for subs, JL are really good but cost alot and not worth it. i have a Kicker L7 12" and i love that too. PM me if u need help with amps or anything.

i recommend infinitys for alll around speakers. u can go component packages too. kicker makes some good ones too. if u want a headunit, i would stay away from sony IMHO. i have a pioneer and i love it. kenwood is pretty decent too. for subs, JL are really good but cost alot and not worth it. i have a Kicker L7 12" and i love that too. PM me if u need help with amps or anything.

Component speakers are great if you plan to run them through a really high end amp, but if you're using a smaller amp or head-unit amp, they may actually sound worse. They need a good deal of power to perform properly.

For head-units, I've always loved Alpine. My last 4 have all been Alpine.

For subs, it depends on what you listen to. I used to be really into hip-hop, and 12's did better for deeper bass like that. Now I'm into more rock though, and 10's give a little tighter bass-drum sound IMO.

Have you decided on a final budget for the whole overhaul?

For subs, it depends on what you listen to. I used to be really into hip-hop, and 12's did better for deeper bass like that. Now I'm into more rock though, and 10's give a little tighter bass-drum sound IMO.
It all depends on box design also...

With the proper design 6"s can hit harder than 15"s and and 15"s can be punchier than 6"s, it all depends on how you design the enclosure...

Edited by Andrewr05

also it all depends on the kind of budget he has... the budget is what practically defines, amp, sub, head unit... component speakers or not...

btw... dont buy things at crutchfield.. their prices are EXTREMLY HIGHHH

Edited by daniel

also it all depends on the kind of budget he has... the budget is what practically defines, amp, sub, head unit... component speakers or not...

btw... dont buy things at crutchfield.. their prices are EXTREMLY HIGHHH

More along the lines of use crutchfield as a test place to see everything and if it will 'fit your car'. Then go elsewhere to buy the stuff because as daniel said, it is expensive there for most things.

everything is straight from the factory

I am planning on keeping the factory head unit

I want to put in a beefier amp and speakers and two subs

I am hoping to keep the price below $400 if that is outrageous then I will just get subs and amp and leave the stock speakers... I love the sound it has now but there is just not enough bass