mobo to replace the evga 680i

sup people.

Im in need of some advice.

i currently have the EVGA 680i as shown in my sig. and im fed up with it all ready its a pain in the back side. every few reboots it desides it does not want to boot it picks its own volts after you set your own in the bios. this board has loads of fbs holes! i have found that i cant get this mobo over 1700mhz front side bus. its has realy disappointing me.

so im on a Quest to fix the mobo or get a new one ... its seems to me that ATI is the way to go.

heres the mobo i have found that match my requirements

DFI Lanparty UT RD600

Asus Commando

what do you guys have to say to this? stay with evga or move on?

thanks in advance firky!

sup people.

Im in need of some advice.

i currently have the EVGA 680i as shown in my sig. and im fed up with it all ready its a pain in the back side. every few reboots it desides it does not want to boot it picks its own volts after you set your own in the bios. this board has loads of fbs holes! i have found that i cant get this mobo over 1700mhz front side bus. its has realy disappointing me.

so im on a Quest to fix the mobo or get a new one ... its seems to me that ATI is the way to go.

heres the mobo i have found that match my requirements

DFI Lanparty UT RD600

Asus Commando

what do you guys have to say to this? stay with evga or move on?

thanks in advance firky!

did you get the bios update for it? the original factory bios had some serious issues. they are mostly fixed with the new bios. the p23 beta is the one to have. (i know it says beta but its leaps and bounds better than the factory one.) also, 1700mhz is pretty high...could possibly be hitting the limit for your chip. i *think* mines at 1450mhz, maybe 1425.

try rma'ing it if you can wait....sounds like u got a fubar one. mine stable as can be....and ill say it again cause i didnt edit fast enough before....1700mhz is pretty high isnt it? could just be your chip hitting a wall. mines at 1450 or 1425 right now @ 3.2ghz on the stock multi

The 680i isn't a bad board, it is just the factory bios isn't too great. Have you updated the bios to the latest version like systematic suggested?

Ok, nvm I obviously made this post too slowly lol. Since you have tried the latest bios and still having problem then you should probably try RMAing it before drastically switching to a whole nother board.

i have done one bios update is there a second one?

my chip has been @ 3.8ghz not stable but it was 425x9

I've had 3.2ghz sable 400x8 was but the volts cant be trusted the mobo seems to pick its own?

I'd RMA it first. if that doesn't solve your issues the DFI may be worth a gander. the asus you were looking at in particular I have no experience with so I can't say either way on that one.

i have done one bios update is there a second one?

my chip has been @ 3.8ghz not stable but it was 425x9

I've had 3.2ghz sable 400x8 was but the volts cant be trusted the mobo seems to pick its own?

no there was only one from what ive seen...

it sounds like u got a bad board form the start because out of all the stuff ive read on them, none of them have had that issue. definitely sounds like an rma is in order.

If i Rma it do i need all the packing and stuff it came with?

i no The Unforgivin has had the same problems with the volts and cold boots

Edited by firky

not if you send it to evga. don't bother sending it to newegg or where ever you bought it from. then you have to wait for them to send it to evga, evga to ship it back to them, and finally back to you. weeks are lost that way.

just make sure that it's in an ESD bag and packed in a way that they can't blame you for any damage the carrier service may cause (if you have it packed good and it STILL gets mangled that's not your fault)

well ill give it ago i guess. that kinda means ill have half pc i cant use. maybe ill have to set up my old dif mobo.

Edit: do you tell them you were over clocking? because if i dont over clock it works fine :/ :S ?

Edited by firky

Guys I'm having the EXACT same issues, there is TONS AND TONS of problems with this board, My board had the cold boot issues as well, and it has NOT been able to boot for the past 2 days.... I'm RMAing, and if that doesn't work, I'm going to return my 8800 and go and buy a DFI RD600 + x1950xtx and be done with it.... I knew I should of bought the badaxe.....

FYI, p23=OLD, the p24 bios is already out, and there are still tons of issues to be fixed

That and the board undervolts by .5v.

Contacted eVGA tech yesterday, they said A: PSU (Tried different PSU, same thing) or RMA...

By the way, the give you free 2 day shipping if you RMA it to eVGA, lots of ppl seem to be rmaing it....

ARGH you NVIDIA!!!!! grrr.... 2-4weeks without a computer, great <_<