5.1 Headphones

lost45

I've been looking at getting a new pair of headphones as my old sony mdr-xd400's are starting to get a bit worn out. I've been reading every thing i can on the new wave of 5.1 headphones that are comming out. So far the only company I've heard of that can properly make a decen't pair of headphones that are comfortable, have no background buzz, and correctly reproduce the 5.1 channels is http://www.ltbaudio.com/ .

I've been looking into both the

magnum

http://www.shopltb.com/catalog/product_inf.../products_id/49

and the

Mentor

http://www.shopltb.com/catalog/product_inf...p/products_id/5

Does anyone have any experince with either of these headphones? How would they compare to a pair of stereo headphones like the SENNHEISER HD 280?

Edited by lost45

I had a pair of LTB 5.1s (actually, three) and the first pair lasted for about 1 year, then they started to become distorted. I RMAed and the mic didnt work on the second, but they sounded fine. The third is the pair that Ive got, the plugs are too far to fit in my X-fi side by side and the bass has a little distortion. My oldest pair were the best when they worked. A pair of regular stereo headphones are going to sound a lot better for the money.

The 5.1 in the LTBs did work, and it worked well. I definitely had an upper hand in CS:S

Edited by SMeeD

I'm somewhat interested in a comparison between the magnum and the mentor. The mentor sells for quite a bit less, seems to be a new model, and i'm told is more comfortable. The only downside to it i can see is the lack of a microphone. Where as the magnum has a built in mic.

Although much more expensive you might wanna give the Razer Hp1s a look. They're easily the best sounding and most comfortable headphones Ive ever owned. The sound quality when listening to music is amazing and gaming is just a whole new experience. I also had the opportunity to try them with my friends AC-1 car and with that card they are just put on even a higher level of overall clarity and quality not to mention and immense bass boost (they have pretty sick bass on their own).

I got like $80 LTB's, and they sucked. Sound quality was bad, build quality was bad, and they got stuck in my hair (I have short hair...).

Honestly, this wasn't too long, and I think looking for other alternatives would be better...

That's suprising. I've never heard anything but great reviews on sound quality and comfort about LTB

OCC reviewed the Razer Gaming Headphones

Apparently they did really well, seeing as how they got an Editor's Choice award and all :D

And that's saying a lot coming from kash :P

ON TOPIC:

Some guys at school has a pair, and they sound EXCELLENT, very comfortable (Doesn't stick to your head) and when I first put them on, I was expecting crappy swishhy quality, but I was so wrong...

Edited by The Unforgivin

Some guys at school has a pair, and they sound EXCELLENT, very comfortable (Doesn't stick to your head) and when I first put them on, I was expecting crappy swishhy quality, but I was so wrong...

Heh call me confused... buch which headphones are we talking about here?