Some Of My Machines Are Throwing Bad Work Units

oldfett

Some of my machines have lately been throwing bad work units and I dont know why. I downloaded the newer consol client, and set them up again. The machines themselvers are newer so I dont think that is the problem. When your setting it up do you use internet explorer settings? I have always said no, but I may be wrong on this. What could it be and how do I fix it?

Thanks!

I have had this happen before, so what I ended up doing was just uninstalling the console version and install the graphical :(

I've said it before and I'll repeat here: I sincerely doubt this had any effect on why your machine was throwing bad WUs as both the console version and the graphical version use the same underlying cores which actually process the work units.

Some of my machines have lately been throwing bad work units and I dont know why. I downloaded the newer consol client, and set them up again. The machines themselvers are newer so I dont think that is the problem. When your setting it up do you use internet explorer settings? I have always said no, but I may be wrong on this. What could it be and how do I fix it?

Do you by chance have the -advmethods flag set?

So do you think its just a fluke that a few of my machines happened to do this?

Done any house cleaning in those rigs recently. Could be a heat buildup causeing instability. Try some cleaning. If you have the -advmethods flag set you could be experienceing some unstable wu's. I have had only 1 eue on me in the past few months. Since it was on 1 computer and was at 99% when it had an eue i have not worried that the computer was an issue. I always set use IE settings and have never had an issue.

Done any house cleaning in those rigs recently. Could be a heat buildup causeing instability. Try some cleaning. If you have the -advmethods flag set you could be experienceing some unstable wu's. I have had only 1 eue on me in the past few months. Since it was on 1 computer and was at 99% when it had an eue i have not worried that the computer was an issue. I always set use IE settings and have never had an issue.

From what I've read over on the folding community forums, you'll have to set the Use IE Settings to 'No' if you go to IE 7.

From what I've read over on the folding community forums, you'll have to set the Use IE Settings to 'No' if you go to IE 7.

When I was using the use IE settings everything worked fine until I downloaded IE7 then they would not send I had to change it to NO. I done away with IE period using Firefox now. :foldon: