Can I Run Two Soundcards At The Same Time?

LivingGhost

Basically, I am considering upgrading my computer, along with a new soundcard.

Now, apparently, the RAZER soundcard is really good, so I wanted to get a deal and get the soundcard and headphones in a bundle.

Now, what I want to do is keep my X-Fi in my computer, and use it for my speakers, whilst using the RAZER card for the RAZER headphones.

(I of course wouldn't be using the headphones and speakers at the same time.)

Ok, thanks.

Anyone have any suggestions for me against the razer bundle?

I say go for it. I only have the headphones but they're amazing even without the card. I can actually hear parts in songs that I didnt know existed and gaming with them is amazing (you can pretty much pinpoint close enemys based on footsteps alone).

I used pricegrabber. The headphones are pretty much the same everywhere. Thenerds had the best deal/rating on the soundcard.

I still need to order, probably today.

Is it just me, or is clubit newegg with a different color scheme?

Edited by LivingGhost

since the AC-1 does real-time Dolby encoding (AC3 and DTS), i have to ask *why* you want two soundcards? surely the AC-1 could do both?

I already have one, and I don't feel like selling it.

I think my Logitech (Logitec?) Z-5500's can do digital audio. On the "Hub" here, it has a digital coax and "optical" input.

well, if you're getting the AC-1 for the headphones, it just seems like a bit pointless to have two soundcards...

the z-5500 have digital capability with a dolby decoder built in... the AC-1 just seems like a superior soundcard, so i think of it like having a ball-mouse and then getting an optical gaming mouse, but keeping both connected because you love the ball-mouse

or something :lol:

I suppose I mght just be getting it for the headphones. :P

But I could do without Creative drivers on my computer. >_>

Plus, doesn't Creative's soundcards not do digital? Just analog?

How much do you think I could get for my X-Fi platinum?

• 2 weeks later...

im stuck in the same boat i have my Zs love it bits love the front face. but i wont the razor head set but i dont think ill get the best out of it with my Zs... and i only have one pci slot free as my gfx card covers the second slot.

i only wonted a new head set because my mic has broke on my Medusa 5.1 ProGamer Edition headset and now im kinda roped in to spending like

Edited by firky