Aquamark 3 Single Card Vs Dual Cards

kingdingeling

Single Card:

aq37800gtpu7.th.jpg

SLI:

aq37800gtsliio3.th.jpg

not such a big difference it seems, I just took out one of them for benchmarking purposes, will be benching single 7800GT vs 7800GT SLI vs x1950pro if it comes tomorrow/wednesday!

Anyone else have a comparison? hardnrg? someone with crossfire?

Aquamark really benches your entire system: cpu, memory and gpu(s) all contribute to the score... there isn't the heavy bias on the gpus like 3dmark03/05... 3dmark01se is somewhat like AQ3 in that it is also quite heavily cpu/ram dependent and SLI doesn't increase your score as dramatically as 03/05

lol @ caffeine, how about using the 160GB you have a main drive?

@ nrg, I know it benches the entire system, but I woulda thought that there would be a bigger difference despite that. I meen it was run with the same system, specs in my sig, just one 7800GT taken out.

@ celcius: mhh, CPU bottleneck? ... not sure about that, I think the dual core at 2.7 does a pretty good job...

@ systematic, obviously you will outbench me, as you have a nice conroe at 3.2! How does the 7950GT perform generally?

[edit] lol, I just benched 3Dmark01, to test what nrg said, 600 point difference from single card to SLI :lol:

• 2 months later...