Should I Upgrade Now?

Fireonice

Well i have about 400$$ to spend on anything. I was looking at a mp3 player but i dont rly use my cd player at it is so im sorta scraching that idea and leaning more twards a new mobo and cpu. Now my question is should i upgrade to core 2 duo or wait for amd's come back?

Yeah, I agree. You need to just land one now at the prices they are at instead of waiting for AMD to drop their come back. Plus, AMD's new stuff will probably be really expensive at the release.

new graphics card

new cpu hs/f

3rd party hs/f for graphics card

overclock everything...

oh... and one of those comfy silicone gel wrist rest things for all that tough (lol) play in WoW :lol::P

Edited by hardnrg

Ask yourself if you really need anything new or if you are simply spending money for the sake of it.

If you don't need anything then just save it up and spend it on something you'll really appreciate later on.

Unless it's coming out within a ONE month frame. DON'T wait. Otherwise you'll be waiting for a LONG LONG while. I mean, once AMD releases there... well... something... guess what, intel is going to release something else a couple months later, and so on and so on

IMO, Core 2 refresh is coming out 1st quarter next year, may wanna wait on that (45nm etc. cheaper prices)

Well acually i didnt upgrade i just took my brothers parts beucase he ended up playing wc3.... I already have a nice monitor (22 inch sceptre) and a exactmat w/ jel wrist thingy. Everythings oced just not updated in sig.

Ahh i guess this post was a little useless on my part sorry guys :P. And now that i look at it i have about 10% hd space on all 3 hds :wacko: