UFC Discussion

skinny

December 30th.

Liddell/Ortiz.

Jardine/Griffin.

Arlovski/Cruz.

MacDonald/Leben.

Schafer/Bisping.

Predictions? Thoughts? There are more fights planned that may not end up on the broadcast, including a few TUF 3 losers (Christian and Rory).

Edited by skinny

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my picks

Liddell/Ortiz. Liddell ( Just incredible stopping power and ability to neutralize Tito's Ground game)

Jardine/Griffin. Griffin

Arlovski/Cruz. Arlovski ( Even Though He can be beat he is an animal)

MacDonald/Leben. Leben

Schafer/Bisping. Bisping

I think there are some total toss-up fights here. Liddell should win, but if Tito can get him down, its over. Liddell is just so tough to take down. I think Leben is over-rated. Pure anger will only win you so many fights, a good technical fighter like MacDonald could stop him pretty easily, frustrate him, and end him. Bisping looked pretty dominant winning TUF3, and is fighting a fighter I haven't heard of. And Griffin's fights are always entertaining, the guy will take whatever punishment is thrown his way and fight right through it.

And in other news, I get to watch this fight on a 62" hi-def in an actual home theater. The only thing better would be live, and OCC has not arranged that for us yet, has it Bosco?

Finally someone talking about MMA on this forum. I was beginning to think nobody followed the sport here at the OCC :lol: I will be honest the only fight I am looking forward to here is Liddell/Ortiz. I don't think the UFC has much to offer compared to Pride and their fighters. I do like Chuck Liddell though he has amazing striking power. He is going to pummel Ortiz just like he did last time IMO and I can't wait to see it. I know Ortiz has skills and he is tough on the ground but the problem is he is afraid of Liddell. He hasn't mentally recovered from the last beating and Chuck is in his head. Fear is going to cost Tito the match as he is still very afraid of Chuck. By the way has anybody checked out the promo site for the fight? Have a look at it here if you haven't, I think it looks sweet :thumbs-up: (Beware dial-up users it's a bandwidth hog)

I agree Chuck is tough but if Tito comes in the fight like George did its all over for Chuck..........

Tito needs to get him on the ground if he can I think Chuck might be alot of trouble..... I think that Tito has improved his game alot since the last time since they fought Chuck as well so its going to be intresting fight to watch.