Finally Got My X2 4400+!

after 6 weeks of waiting, today I finally received that little package I was waiting for! My lovely X2 4400+ :wub:

It took so long because first I got one, that was defect (one broken core), so I sent it to the shop, the shop sent it to AMD, then AMD sent it to the shop, and now the shop sent it to me... complicated, but w/e, I finally have it here! :thumbs-up:

I can't wait to rip my rig apart and install this bad boy, it looks like a decent stepping, CCBWE 0607UPDW. Just checked the Xtremesystems dual-core opteron thread, and they say this tops out around 2.7, but I hope to have a special one :P

Anyways, I am about to shut this sucker down and git 'er installed :D:lol:

Edit 1: It's working :D

Edit 2:

x24400finallyji8.th.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's the dashboard component of Motherboard Monitor 5 using a custom written settings file for the DFI NF4 series as MBM5 is no longer updated

yay, stock speed screenshot! :thumbs-up:

stock speeds my @ss hardnrg, this will be one LOOOONG OC night after i get down to my reformat in a second!

Edit 1: Just got this sucker reformatted, now I need to install my GeForce drivers to setup SLI as fast as I can for some benchies and overclocking :thumbs-up:

Edit 2: damm, this sucker is just rippin through the WUs, UkJenT, I am on your heels!

mhh, XS thread has 3 with these steppings, one is 2.55, the other 2.63, the next 2.75... people just suck at OCing these, watch me clock the hell outta this tomorrow, too knackered to do anything now, just setup dual folding, thats a pain in the butt!

Dual folding is easy. 2 folders F@HI and F@HII put the client in each folder start each client up and configure. The most important part is machine id. I use 1 and 2 to match the folder the client is in. I know you can add the -local flag but i dont have any issues with the way i set it up. Hope you can get that thing over 2.7. It took my 3800 1.58v to get to 2.86ghz.

Guest Raven65

I had my 4600 X2 for about 6 months now. I haven't tried folding 2 instances on it. How are the temps with 2 folding at once. What type of difference?

Guest Raven65

do you remember what it was with 1 core. was it a 2 to 3 degree difference or more, here in florida land with the heat etc, i can vary just with 1 core running, i'm usually @ 33 c 50%, but sometimes in the mid afternoon I can spike to 37 c . wierd my house is climate controlled and the constant temp in the house is 76 f summer and winter.

I setup dual folding with the -local flag now, whats the difference to not using the local flag? Smartguardian tells me my 100% load temps are 36C at 2.2GHz stock, thats lower tha my 3700+! Core temps tells me like 1-2C higher temps, but still awesome temps!