Hack A Wii With A Couple Of Candles

romeo55

it was just something interesting that most people wouldn't know! why do you always have to bash people?? if you dont think what he posted is interesting click the back button

:withstupid:

I agree with you. Like everything posted in the forums is supposed to interest everyone. I guess its an unstated rule. :lol: Where are the mods? Hello.. someone's violating an unstated rule. I hope you will take drastic actions for this violation. :P

Guest Fried_fry

I was over at my friends a couple days ago and we tried it and it works! lol

the Wii was no where neer impressive that I thought it would be and Red Steel was a major disappointment!

This would be useful for people who can't find a place to put the sensor bar, or it gets in the way. The cord could be too short or something. Maybe of candles, you could just use two IR LEDS connected to a battery, and hide them somewhere its more convient.

Maybe instead of candles, you could just use two IR LEDS connected to a battery, and hide them somewhere its more convient.

Yea that would the best thing to do, also there is a video somewhere where someone used two remotes and just held down the buttons... Edited by Andrewr05

I wouldn't say that Wii is exactly "hacked" with a couple of candles...

I would say that it is definitely nice that the "sensor" bar is just 4 IR leds so that those with a nice home theatre setup can make their own wireless "sensor" bar and don't have to have the Wii sitting out.

At Fried Fry: I would say that some of the games aren't that impressive, many people are saying that Red Steel was overhyped...I haven't played it yet but from what I've seen it doesn't look too good. I will say that Wii Sports is great and there really isn't a better way to do something like that w/o the Wii remote. Quite a few of the mini games in Super Monkey Ball are also really good with the Wii remote, it all just depends on if the developer can put the Wii remote to good use. I can't wait to see what the next Mario Party game will be like...now if I could just find another Wii remote :angry:

To the naysayers:

I must say, having been given the choice to purchase either a PS3 or a Wii, I'm much more satisfied with the Wii than I think I would have been with the PS3. I was very unimpressed with the PS3 graphics (launch titles, so maybe not the best basis of judgment), given that the system costs $600. I have CoD3 and Zelda and both of them are a riot, albeit single player. I just got a 2nd controller and did the boxing against a friend tonight - loads of fun.

To the people that actually replied something useful to the topic:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/29/mod-you...wireless-for-8/

This is a battery operated sensor bar, only it's a bit sexier than the one above - your factory sensor bar will need to become a sacrifical lame, though.

Edited by Jacket

:withstupid: You can also buy a new sensor bar from Nintendo for $10 and make something even sexier.

I guess one good thing about the PS3 is that you can find controllers for it. I went to Meijer (Walmart like store) and they had 4 Sixaxis controllers. They had 2 spaces for PS3 controlles and 8 (4 for Wii remote, 4 for Nunchuck) and all 8 spaces were completely empty. I guess that says something good about the Wii. I really don't care how many consoles Nintendo ships by Christmas, just get some more controllers out there!