Socket 775 Oc Competition Thread

ranking by Mhz is just a see who has the highest OC.

the whole idea of super pi is the speed at which it completes.

again...

just trying to get my head around how all of this is supposed to work.

1. super pi 1M and 32M measure speed of processing.

2. OCCT and Orthos Dual Prime measure OC stability.

3. the Suicide screenshot measures the highest OC that will boot to windows.

are these assumptions correct?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<_<

This is starting to become a pain in the arse... So nrg, you want to have seperate categories for dual/quadruple instances and single instances? That sounds fair enough to me :) I'm not sure about the times though...

[Edit @ Rehit's edit] SuperPI is also a measurement of stability, just like 3Dmark06 is for GPUs. It spits out a time/score, but it still tests the stability of your OC.

i certainly did not want to cause any kind of trouble.

i am just trying to understand the processes and the logic behind them.

people have to understand that some of us are noobs and are trying to learn from those who are not.

i understand that super PI tests the stabilty...

but how many stability tests do we actually need.

it makes sense that some tests would just measure raw speed.

1. super pi 1M and 32M measure speed of processing.

yes, but it's also a form of stability test... 32M is harder than 1M, 4M is easier than 8M, etc... dual cores is harder than one of two, four cores is harder than one... that's the point of running SuperPi on all cores from an overclocking point of view

say if your CPU did 4.3ghz suicide, but your prime95 24+ hour was like 3.9ghz... you could show that the CPU is stable enough to run SPi 1M at 4.2ghz or something... even though the best time is at 3.95ghz...

meh... basically you've come into this thread and asked everyone to change (over a year's worth?) their results because your Quad core gets hot when all four cores are doing something... just seems a bit odd lol :P

We should have the super pi done by the MHZ So the highest clock to pass both 1m and 32m

and then a single pass for the 1m and 32m Fastest time is the best.

and keep the rest the same. as running more than one instance of super pi is hard to judge as *not* every one starts them all at the same time bla bla bla

i never meant for anyone to change anything.

i was just trying to understand how things work.

i have tried to point out along the way that i am not trying to make waves or cause an arguement.

i will be more than happy to play by whatever rules are in place.

noobs have to learn at some point, and understanding how and why things work is fundamental to learning.

Rehit, there's nothing wrong with asking questions etc. You do not need to set the affinity each time, your windows will take care of that (does for me every time...), so it's not such a big pain. I split the categories now, because I'm sick of everyone b**ching about this and that.

*goes back to study*

The reason for running multiple instances( At least in my mind) is to prove a measure of stability as well as the ability to make the run. There have been many times I could run a single and have it pass but if multiple threads are run, each with the affinity set to a separate processor the ability to make that run is more difficult. Hence it keeps the wham bam get into windows and get a Pi screenie before the computer bsod's or just reboots crowd out of it. Im sure I can pull off a 12 minute 32m pi score but If I can run all four cores at that same speed then It carries more weight to me. But I am a big proponent of long term stability. Just my 2 pennies worth.