Socket 775 Oc Competition Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rr you seem to have got your self a very nice chip there!! I should be back in the game laster this mouth or early next! need to Lap my E6850! and get new mobo for my up and comming 3870's!

I have my eye on these Gigabyte mobo's "Gigabyte GA-X38-DS5 Intel X38" "Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6 Intel X38 " "Gigabyte GA-X38T-DQ6 Intel X38" They all seem much the same!

Rr you seem to have got your self a very nice chip there!! I should be back in the game laster this mouth or early next! need to Lap my E6850! and get new mobo for my up and comming 3870's!

I have my eye on these Gigabyte mobo's "Gigabyte GA-X38-DS5 Intel X38" "Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6 Intel X38 " "Gigabyte GA-X38T-DQ6 Intel X38" They all seem much the same!

Yea it seems like a good one indeed. I believe it would run 4Ghz 24/7 under water. I want to get a X38 MB myself, I have seen some not so impressive reports on the Gigabyte version but I think its bios related. I also want to get a 2900 pro and flash it to 2900xt so I will have crossfire...

@ firky, do not get the X38T-DQ6, it only takes DDR3 RAM :)

@ road, RMA that DQ6 and see if they upgrade you to an X38 chipset board ;)

I got it boxed up. going to take it to UPS tomorrow. @ firky I have been eying the Asus with the built in water cooling on the Northbridge..

Heres a update, I saw 67c temps on this one. I think I am going to put it back to 3600 and fold!

Why? Because of temps? 3.6 seems a shame on this CPU, if it passes OCCT 1/2 hour, then the 24/7 OC isn't too far off... why not put it under water? I don't remember you having a more powerful CPU, and I know you have water.......

btw, you've heavily influenced me into getting a G0 quad lol... ordered today, may turn up tomorrow (Fri) or Monday... it's gonna find a new home in a DFI 680i with Tr HR-09S mosfet sink, and DD 975x block... couple with two BFG 8800GTS 640 OC with DD NV-88GTS, it should satisfy my 3D desires lol...

my E6600 @ 3.54 is ok, but not really what I was hoping for... G0 looks like the way forward, more FPS in Crysis, roughly twice the performance for 3D rendering and video compression, and higher overclocks all round :)

Ha ha The last Asus i hat got beat up with a hammer and ran over with a forklift and chucked in the skip at work!!! asus are ok when they work!! but i have a strong dissliking to them! lol and I think im goin 2 stay way from water for a while as its a pain in the . if you keep changing your rig about!

@ king i guess u've just G0ne G0 lol!!!

Why? Because of temps? 3.6 seems a shame on this CPU, if it passes OCCT 1/2 hour, then the 24/7 OC isn't too far off... why not put it under water? I don't remember you having a more powerful CPU, and I know you have water.......

btw, you've heavily influenced me into getting a G0 quad lol... ordered today, may turn up tomorrow (Fri) or Monday... it's gonna find a new home in a DFI 680i with Tr HR-09S mosfet sink, and DD 975x block... couple with two BFG 8800GTS 640 OC with DD NV-88GTS, it should satisfy my 3D desires lol...

my E6600 @ 3.54 is ok, but not really what I was hoping for... G0 looks like the way forward, more FPS in Crysis, roughly twice the performance for 3D rendering and video compression, and higher overclocks all round :)

I will probably put it under water before its over with. I just got it all together two days ago. That 67c was with the window open next to it sucking in 44f air, however it will run 24/7 load at 3.6Ghz at no more than 60c regular room temp. I am not sure what temp is safe with the quad? Also just because its a G0 does not mean it is going to overclock well. There are some that do good to get 3.4Ghz and others overclock like mad...