X2 4400?

I'm wanting to upgrade my cpu as i found overclocking makes little difference. I am able to get 260fsb, but i'd rather just get an X2 for better multitasking, since i'm looking to get another monitor...Got socket 939 at the min and wanna stick with it for a while as i love this board. One prob i'm having though, is it's very hard to find a 4400. Stores mostly stock 4200 and 4600. I know there is a smaller cache on the 4200, but will it make a huge difference?

Any guys in the uk know anywhere to get a 4400? :unsure:

I don't wanna switch to AM2, since that would mean new board + ram...

the difference in performance between manchester and toledo/denmark at the "usual" max oc's seems to be even smaller than the difference between venice and sandiego/venus...

edit: *cough*

Edited by hardnrg

• 3 weeks later...

Tehee I have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ and I love it. I am kinda curious as to why they stopped selling them personally. Not being all that confident in my OCings skills I have yet to toy with it, which is dumb on my part since I have a LanParty UT SLI-DR. But there out there somewhere you just have to look hard enough you find one eventually. With Chistmas coming up and new cpu's to be had I may part with mine, PM if still have had no luck in finding one.

(Sry moderators for the above statment as it belongs elsewhere, I just figured to through that in to help him out, especially since I am uncertain if I will do so).