New Mustang Vs Wall

sdy284

A car with that much torque and horsepower could probably drive even if you drop the clutch. And like a few people said in the comments for the video, the engine idles at a higher rpm when you first start it. So he could have started the car, dropped the clutch and the car would still go. You can even hear the tires "chirp" in the video as if he did drop the clutch.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A car with that much torque and horsepower could probably drive even if you drop the clutch. And like a few people said in the comments for the video, the engine idles at a higher rpm when you first start it. So he could have started the car, dropped the clutch and the car would still go. You can even hear the tires "chirp" in the video as if he did drop the clutch.

:withstupid:

this guy speaks da truth

this guy speaks da truth

That guy uses the :withstupid: sign a bit too much :)

Anyway just as a test I went outside, got in my car, and attempted to replicate his retard move minus the wall in my way. Even my '96 cavalier (2.2L 5 spd 4 cyl w > 125k miles) can ALMOST take off on its own when you start it and "remove" your foot from the clutch. I would say that if my POS car can do it a new mustang imediatly after startup could too, and by the time it got to the wall push through it.

While were on the wall thing, what the heck was that wall made off drywall and tooth picks? If it had ANY real lumber in it the dang thing would have hurt the front end rather than just well...not. Of course if you're buying your kid such a car shouldnt you live in a well built house...you know they usually use either block or at a bare minimum brick in the back walls of a garage. Reason #1 it keeps people from driving through the wall (see above example) and in many cases running into the house that is many times on the other side of the wall causing injury to others. Actually I'll have to look it up but it think 2 or 3 ft of 8" block above concrete level is required here by local code for that...oh well.

Now if you'll excuse me im off to drive my cheap vehicles other places than into walls.

THat almost made me cry, i like the older mustangs better though so i'm fine with that. dang i <3 fastbacks, if that were my kid i would slap him silly.

If that were your kid, I would hope you had the sense not to give him the keys to your car :P

Jesus If I had a $500,000 anything the keys would be with me at all times and noone would ever be allowed to use it without being trained...

I agree with all of you, who on earth would give their kids the keys to a $50,000 car?