Audigy 2 Zs Front Panel Connector Guide

romeo55

Well i've just done this on all of my Audigy 2 ZS and seems to work pretty well.

the white connector on the card shown below is actually the place to hook up the front panel connectors.

audigy2-zs.jpg

This is the key. There are ten pins, Pin1 is on the far right closest to the Audigy 2 ZS logo.

1 - Analog Ground

2 - Analog Headphone Out Left

3 - Audio Backpanel Mute -- short to ground to mute the backpanel (when headphones are plugged in)

4 - Analog Headphone Out Right

5 - same as #3

6 - Mic input from front panel

7 - key pin (not used for anything)

8 - VREF out -- voltage reference for Mic

9 - MIC IN MUTE -- ground when mic isn't plugged in, +12VDC when mic is plugged in

10 - Audio cable detect -- will be ground when headphones are plugged in (not normally used)

However, the pins from the front panel does not stay/fit, it's loose, so what you do is:

1. Put everything where it's supposed to be

2. Duck tape it :P

If you front panel has two pins for each speaker channel (IE: mine has a front right, front left, and two extras from each channel) you can plug one into #3 so when you plug headphones in, it'll automaticly mute the back connectors :)

Here's one of my finished products

Enjoy :)

Edited by The Unforgivin

nice ghetto solution... you know you can get the real connector though... it's a metric spacing like either 1mm or 2mm (i forget) rather than the more common imperial spacing of 0.1" multiples...

some english bloke on here bought a bunch of them... i'm gonna have to get one of him one day

nice ghetto solution... you know you can get the real connector though... it's a metric spacing like either 1mm or 2mm (i forget) rather than the more common imperial spacing of 0.1" multiples...

some english bloke on here bought a bunch of them... i'm gonna have to get one of him one day

hehe, i'm too cheap :P can a mod pin this?

• 1 month later...

It should. In fact, I think the only difference is the front panel.

:withstupid: you'll see on the Audigy 2 ZS card that theres a IDE looking slot (ok, maybe a group of pins) If you already have a Audigy 2 ZS, you just need the front panel