Wireless + Wired

Shadow334

gateway. it is in the closes spot to my house. but i live in a brick house and so dose she. but this is not what i want to do. i have done said what i want to do. dont take this the wrong way but all i want to know is:

why cant i connect to both wireless and wired at the same time?

this is all i need to know right now. once i get this figured out then i will bridge the connections again and start from there. thanks in advance

Model number of the router please? most Wireless routers have a standard antenae connector... i believe 1/4"...

as for the connections, both connections are coming from the same router right?

Edited by The Unforgivin

as for the connections, both connections are coming from the same router right?

No, the wireless connection would be coming out of his aunt's router. He wants to use the wired connection to connect the other computers in his house (i.e. the laptop serves as a gateway or bridge)

No, the wireless connection would be coming out of his aunt's router. He wants to use the wired connection to connect the other computers in his house (i.e. the laptop serves as a gateway or bridge)

that is right thank you.

any way i have been messing with it for about four hours now and i am still were i started. i can now get them both connected but when they are bridged it says i am connected to the wireless but i cant even ping the router at my aunts house. when i go to view the wierless connection and click on the support tab it shows nothing for the IP,sub or gateway.

so now what do i do?

can someone please help me?

Edited by Shadow334