Cs:s Skins

gotdamojo06

Hey guys I have two custom skins for CS:S, they both are Terrorist skins, both the files are called TerrorTemp.vtf

I know where that they are supposed to go into the

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\gotdamojo06\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\models\Player

folder

What I am asking is if I could have one as a ct skin and one as a t skin, even though they are supposed to be t skins. Also I would like all in game player selections to be the same, how would I do this and what should the folder names be etc...

If you guys know what to do, could you help me?

Youve probably just got to rename the Terrortemp.vtf to something a CT skin would be called. I would just DL any CT skin, try it, then copy its name and paste it as the T skin.

Im not sure as to what you mean with the player selections, but if you mean make all of the skin selections the same you would just have to replace all of the files. You might be able to restrict them through the console too.

I thought that I read on valves site, that the VAC is not triggered by the custom skins...and i know that some of my friends have done that

What is VAC?

The Valve Anti-Cheat system runs on servers displaying the "Secured" shield logo. If a user connects to a VAC-Secured server while using a cheat, the VAC system will ban the user from playing on VAC-Secured servers in the future.

While server admins may choose to ban specific players, server admins cannot VAC ban players. The VAC system is automated - contacting Steam Support to report cheaters is not necessary, nor will Steam Support act on any information provided.

All VAC bans are permanent - Valve has a zero-tolerance policy for cheaters.

The VAC system does not generate false-positives. Only hacks and cheats (modifications designed to give one player an advantage over other players) will trigger a VAC ban - any modifications to a game's core executable files (.EXE) or dynamic link library (.DLL) files will trigger the VAC system.

The following will not trigger a VAC ban:

* Using chat programs like X-Fire

* Playing multi-player mods which do not modify core .EXE and .DLL files

* System hardware configurations

* Playing with custom skins

Use only trusted machines to play on VAC-Secured servers - if you are not sure whether or not the machine you are using to connect to Steam may have cheats installed, do not play on VAC-Secured servers.

For more information on Valve's policies, please see the Steam Subscriber Agreement and the Rules of Steam Online Conduct.

Steam Subscriber Agreement

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?ar...riber_agreement

Rules of Steam Online Conduct

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=online_conduct

http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/st...amp;p_topview=1

I know custom weapons wont get you banned, but that is a good point about yellow and pink guys. Also, I thought CAL players could only use certain skins.

Edited by BlitzBomb

i know that clan games you are only allowed to use certain skins, and for clan tourniments, you are supposed to uninstall all of the skins. at least thats how it was when i was in |M16|

but i tried what you said blitz, and it didnt work properly, so i dont know what to do.

I found a crips skin and a bloods skin, and I thought that it would be sorta cool to play a "gang" war

missing with the skins = a ban on valve servers or everyone would be running around with yellow or pink guys

and what's wrong with that? Some times I use those neon red, and neon blue character skins for terrorist, and counter terrorist characters for visablility reasons. Changing skins is not considered a hack.