Need Some Help

hey guys, recently my dvd burner has stopped burning cds, so i went onto google and searched and read somewhere that it may be my power supply... just wanted to know if it is powerful enough to run my computer... coz i dont think it is.

Ok so its a 430W p/s that came with the thermaltake soprano case...

i have:

1. asus a8n-32 sli deluxe all stock settings

2. ATI radeon x800gto-2

3. 200gb WD HDD

4. 1x dvd reader and 1x dvd burner

5. 3x case fans (all that came with the computer)

6. 4x 512mb DDR400 RAM sticks (hynix or something like that)

does anyone know if my p/s can actually handle that setup and what i should have...

**EDIT** oh and i have the cooler master musketeer running and the voltage seems to go up to... just over 10.5 and drop to 10 and then back up and it seems to do this all the time (this is what the fan gets on voltage).. **EDIT**

Cheers

Marc

Edited by marc101

sorry... forgot to list it... its a 3800+ a64 x2... if your reffering to my old computer... its gone now (to my bro) and i got this one... the best part about this one is the monitor and sound system :O they blow ya mind away... http://members.westnet.com.au/martimfrank/pix.zip <<< thats the link to the current pix...

Cheers

Marc

then you definitly need a new psu :P

Well get a new ps if you think that is the problem.

But what do you mean it just stopped burning cds does that mean that you had the cd burner in your new computer and it was working and then stoped working all of a sudden?

Or when you put the cd drive into the case it did not work at all?

Because if it was working in your case and just stoped the cd drive could be broken.

Hi,

Yes, i did have it in my computer for around 2 months and it worked all the time (brand new) and then only around 3 weeks ago i tried to burn my self an mp3 disc and it said... please insert a blank CD into the drive... even though there was already one in there then it spits it out, in goes the new disc and then it freezes... i have no idea why this has happened :S

Cheers

Marc

Pull the harware and software out for the burner then re-install. Oh, before that make sure you are using the correct CD. For example make sure its a CD-R seems stupid, I know, but I have accidently bought the wrong format before. However to me it sounds like the software somehow got corrupted.

tried the drivers... but still no luck :( read somewhere on the net that someone had too much power being drawn of his PSU but tested it with a volimeter and all was good... then got an oscilator (or something) and it was really bad, he then replaced the psu and it worked... might get myself a new psu this week and see how that goes, unless anyone has any other ideas?

Cheers

Marc

**EDIT** what does everyone think of this one... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Silent-Transparent-...bayphotohosting **EDIT**

Edited by marc101