2 Cycle Gas Scooter Problems

Fireonice

Well i recently got this 2 cycle gas scooter. It ran fine for the first 2 days then today riding it back from the gas station it lost almost all its power then stoped.... Started one time for a couple mins. then stoped again. It has a after market carb and filter so you have to cover the carb to chock it. The gas mix should be good as it is the same gas mix that was in there before. So what went wrong, i can take pictures on request.

did you check the oil level? Cause its a 2 stroke.

I had a 75cc vespa, then I crashed and totaled it.

My dad just bought a 200 cc vespa. That thing is huge compared to the et2.

Edited by Muddy

its a 2 cycle so no oil you mix the gas with 2 cycle engine mix. I am in the process of taking off all the electrical compoinets (lights swiches all that crap). but have run into the problme that i can not take off the electric start.... So i might just leave it on there to keep me from all this hasle.

Filter is fine, and its 2 cycle so no fuel pump (its really small engine like 25cc) its not a big moped like you guys are thinking :P. Just something for me to get from place to place untill i get my licence and something to mess around with.

I'l post some pics tommorw and im going to try a new fuel mix beucase the kid might of made a bad batch or something.

Could be running to rich...

Try adjusting the idle so its a nice even sound and not chugging and then adjust the high end rpm via the "other" screw whilst giving it full throttle...

im not a profesional so dont take heed to my advice and kill yourself

Guest Flashstar

Umm, I have a 2 cycle weed wacker and I mix special 2 cycle oil with gas. Maybe you should be using oil rather than "engine mix"? You can buy containers of it at gas stations for different quantities.

I am useing the 2 cycle oil mix and so did the kid who mixed the gas before me i know beucase of the reddish color (mixed it before i do know a little bit about 2 cycle engines :P) From what happined today it started after about 10 -20 mins of full throtal and then when i got out of the gas station i started it up, started fine then i started going and it wouldnt go full throtal and then it just quit on me i only got it started 1 more time and it barly started and just stoped on me again so i had to walk it home..... All i have done is i undid all the electric crap (the battery is shot or something) and tried pull starting it. I have had it wanting to start many many times. But just wont stay started.

The starter is shot like i said.... I can not get the battery to hold a charge and i have no idea how many volts the starter takes..... Infact all of the electric wireing is shot.. The pull start does work and yes it does turn over like i said.