X1800xt

PyRo_MaNiAc

Well as the title says i just ordered an ASUS x1800XT it was a decision between ATI and ASUS but when it came to saving money i went the asus route. Just wondering if anyone here owned one of these and if they perform as good as the ATI version same clocks and all im just not to up on my video cards so i need a little advice on what to expect. It should arive Thursday i hope.

Yeah well they both say the same warranty so i guess it should be good and that asus card is packed with a crap load of stuff. Its got games a controller and some other stuff so for the price i guess its worth all that extra stuff even tho its probably not the greatest stuff in the world i can use some of it.

Well i allready ordered the asus card but any ways the ATI oem card was 509 but i don't feel comfortable going with oem thats just me and my personal ways. The retail ATI card was 559 with $50 rebate but i cant wait for a rebate to come in. And the asus card was 520 or something like that everything was teh same about the card warranty the way it looked only difference i could see was it had an asus sticker meh w/e lets hope it works out well ill keep you guys informed.

I don't get why everyone is so hesitant to get OEM cards...?

well it depends, if its only $10 for the retail, i would go for it, overall oem is the way to go if your not going to push your hardware unless you take careful planning and time. sometimes oem is hard to find.

You can find an OEM X1800XT for $465. Believe me, I bought one for that price. That is a significant savings. Also, I popped the stock cooler off and put a Maze 4 on it the second I got it, so much for any warranty, so who cares if it isn't retail.