Go With Ati Still?

Well here is the deal. I know Nvidia has gotten ahead with there, 20+ Pipeline cards.

But i know i can't afford or i'd get a 7800GT for sure.

So, my budget is around 200$ must be PCI-E.

I've been looking at the GTO2 because it can be unlocked to 16pipes, but are there any other cards that can do the same for around the same price or less on nvidias end?

From what i've read, the GS cant be unlocked

611820[/snapback]

right, the only card that can would be the ati radeon x800 gto. if you dont care about sm3/hdr nor wont bother using them then yea go with ati on that, for the high end cards its all about the benchmarks for me :lol:

Get a 6800 GS and unlock it.

611827[/snapback]

GS canNOT be unlocked. It's based on the 7series core, not the 6 series. But despite that, it still performs almost equal to the GT for less money. It's definitely the best value in pci-e right now, IMO.

Definitely go for the 6800GS. It may only be 12 pipes, but it'll hang right with, and sometimes surpass, the 6800GT. The only X800 GTO that could be unlocked was the Connect3D model. They have since started hard-locking the cards so that they cannot be opened up, however. The only ATi card that'll still unlock is the X800 GTO2.