Thinking Of Buying This...

My budget is very very low... $200 is more than I can afford.

604086[/snapback]

maybe you should wait until you accumulate a little more then. LCD's have dropped in price, so you can now get a good one for a little over $200. And if it's still out of your range, at least save up for the 19" crt. Unless your 15" crapped out on you, you shouldn't rush into things.

I'm working with 800x600 here... you try bearing it after being use to 1280x1024.

And also, I find CRTs to be much more durable than CRTs.

Find me a good LCD for $200 that won't ghost or cause lag in even the most intense of gaming situations, and I'll buy it.

I would agree with clay, save up for a week or two to get at least a 19" CRT or save up for an 19" LCD. The best "budge" LCD is the NEC-Mitsubishi MultiSync 1970GX which is currently around $359, which might be a lot more than you are willing to pay for a monitor

I'm working with 800x600 here... you try bearing it after being use to 1280x1024.

And also, I find CRTs to be much more durable than CRTs.

Find me a good LCD for $200 that won't ghost or cause lag in even the most intense of gaming situations, and I'll buy it.

604092[/snapback]

My Samsung SyncMaster 914v was $200 after rebates :P.....but that was a black friday deal. Nevertheless, you can get them for about $230 now after rebates, and I'm sure there are a few others, but I've stopped paying attention ever since I got mine. heh.

Woodhead, wtf are you smoking? Are you still living in 2003? $359 for a 19" is budget?!

Rebates mean little to me.

604108[/snapback]

well there's one of your problems then. I, and my family, have been doing rebates for years now, and out of literally hundreds we've done, we've had ZERO problems...that's even using my grandmother's address so we could get two of some things. As long as you follow the instructions, it goes well.

Plus, my black friday deal was thru Staples. Maybe you've seen their commercials regarding the "Easy Button"...well they're 100% correct. Staples' Easy Rebates are as simple as pie. You go to their website. Input the rebate number that appears on your receipt along with the number associated with the product, and bam, it's all filed, no need to send in receipts or upc's.

But I still look at initial purchase price, as that's how much I'll have to save up to get that product.

604134[/snapback]

I agree with you on that one but you get some of it back. I would just save my money and get a nice LCD they look cooler and arent as expensive as they once were.