Ahhhhh Bad Ram

so I just bought new ram(corsair xms 3200) and now I can't OC at all... it stops loading windows after a 1 MHz OC and stops posting all together after 225

now I had patriot 3200 ram and it did all right but it wouldn't get as high as I have heard some people getting on a 4000+ so am I just s*** out of luck or am I doing something wrong.... which I am doing everything the same as when I was using the patriot so should I be changing it differently or what?

please help I am stuck

thanks in advance for your guys help

You may have to change the RAM timming or Voltages to allow it OC more. As to what they should be changed to, I got no idea, ask one of the OCing buffs.

Are you running stock timings and/or voltage? Maybe try relaxing the timings a bit just to see if you can get into Windows and see what's going on. You could also run Memtest at stock settings and see if you get any errors.

602918[/snapback]

:withstupid: try putting as many volts as you can into it.

for the sake of computers, dont give it 2.85vdimm, my pos corsairs died on those after 2.85vdimm after 5 months... yeah corsair blows, but on the plus side, no one's tccd ram can compete with the fx line of tccd from g.skill :lol:

more liek mmmmmmmm... old school mushkin redline rated at 3.5+ volts...

603053[/snapback]

I'd rather have the Geil that can do ddr600 at stock voltage with only a slight timing increase. :P

If only I could do that with 4 sticks running. <_<