Poser6

kobalt

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Poser 6  from e- frontier, basically an animation program for human form. The girls poses are 1 frame, you can say make her blow a kiss or something. You can import any pic from anything, like one of your vacation pic put one of the models in there and make beleive you ...  her loll. There's also comics models, some animals, fishies etc There's a demo but you're limited to making a head with one already selected.Still that's what pushed me to get the whole program

Edit: oh yeah! I forgot, everything is compatible with 3Ds max and probably wih the other 3d programs and it's real nice if you ever tried to make something similar to a human form with those 3d programs loll.

600362[/snapback]

So I could import a 3D model from 3DSMax and make animations with it?

It's Poser 6  from e- frontier, basically an animation program for human form. The girls poses are 1 frame, you can say make her blow a kiss or something. You can import any pic from anything, like one of your vacation pic put one of the models in there and make beleive you ...  her loll. There's also comics models, some animals, fishies etc There's a demo but you're limited to making a head with one already selected.Still that's what pushed me to get the whole program

Edit: oh yeah! I forgot, everything is compatible with 3Ds max and probably wih the other 3d programs and it's real nice if you ever tried to make something similar to a human form with those 3d programs loll.

600362[/snapback]

I remember there also being dinosaurs and robots in the version i used (4, I think). I think I came across a version of Poser here at work somewhere. I'll have to find it again and maybe swipe it. lol.

So I could import a 3D model from 3DSMax and make animations with it?

600836[/snapback]

no... not a human model... i assume you want to import a character from 3dsmax into Poser and use the facial controls etc... it won't work...

you can export from Poser to other applications... and animating is possible in 3dsmax anyway...

no... not a human model... i assume you want to import a character from 3dsmax into Poser and use the facial controls etc... it won't work...

you can export from Poser to other applications... and animating is possible in 3dsmax anyway...

600889[/snapback]

if you export a character from Poser to 3dsmax (or gmax) would proper weighting and bone structure automatically be created? I don't know how to do that stuff :(

So Poser is basically just like humans, right? No ability to model tanks, airplanes, or anything else?

600930[/snapback]

I believe you can import them in, but you wouldn't have all the poser features available to it. But how many tanks can smile or grin anyways? ;)

600889[/snapback]

You can export poser model into 3Ds max i have it and there's a file explaining how i haven't checked though if the opposite can be done like hardnrg said

It was first tought of for programs like 3d max 3Ds etc. cause it takes a LOT of time to make a human model in those programs (possible but wow what a job lol)Tanks and planes are Herm! relatively simple compared to a human form. I haven't tried to export an animation from poser into a 3Ds scene yet, i guess it could be possible :unsure:

I did one with a comic character, but i forgot to render it in high mode. I used a pic of a beach i had as a background loll it's really fun :) He looks like Jay Leno :lol: