I Have Failed Father...

Well for one I think you are shooting too high. 3.6ghz is not the average on an air cooled fx55 but at the same time 2.8ghz is still a little weak to me. 3ghz seems to be more average for these on air (especially if it is stock air).

598654[/snapback]

Yeah i agree with you nerm, 3.6 is way high for an "average OC" on those chips. Remember, bigred seems to get miracle chips :P Anyways, a DFI board will probably help it out, but dont expect it to hit 3.6. Also have you looked into what the stepping is? I have a buddy and he had an fx55 running on a dfi lanparty ultra-dr and water ,and he could only manage 3.1 bench stable but not prime stable.

Yeah i agree with you nerm, 3.6 is way high for an "average OC" on those chips.  Remember, bigred seems to get miracle chips :P  Anyways, a DFI board will probably help it out, but dont expect it to hit 3.6.  Also have you looked into what the stepping is?    I have a buddy and he had an fx55 running on a dfi lanparty ultra-dr and water ,and he could only manage 3.1 bench stable but not prime stable.

598662[/snapback]

He also uses extreme cooling methods, and has a collection of Mach IIs.

He also uses extreme cooling methods, and has a collection of Mach IIs.

what in the earth are mach IIs? Some ubercooler or what? :P

lol, yea, but definetly try that DFI, also, maybe you should not just go up in the multi, also use the HTT, and that RAM can definetly be OCed! Looks like a really god rig to me!

what in the earth are mach IIs? Some ubercooler or what?  :P

598802[/snapback]

A Prometia Mach II is a phase change cooler.

and in case you don't know what phase change cooling is. Here is a good article on the basics of phase cooling. :)

A question:

I was thinking to get the Ultra-D, but I'm not at ease with the SLI. I don't want to use 2 VGA cards (in fact I'm not a player). Do u know if I'll have any probs using just one, normal card ? It's propably an obvious question..

Or you could try an ABIT Fatal1ty AN8 SLI. I've had great luck with them. Just make sure to set 2t timings if you run it at over 255htt.

598568[/snapback]

DO NOT buy that piece of garbage, you pay EExtra for a crummy guys name on it...

splat that chip into your DFi board and you can exprect 3.2+ easy on Air.

I'm going to have to go w/ nerm here, 3.6 is not typical AT ALL, 3.2 on air would also be VERY impressive overclock. I say if you reach 3.1 with some stability, be happy. Also, DFI is good, apparently the a8n32sli from asus is actually pretty good as well.