Civic Turbo Vs Bmw 325i

DraconicPenguin

street racing is safe? who ever thinks that needs to go look at the statistics of people KILLED or seriously injured every year. I know of 3 people who were KILLED in detroit watching a "supervised" street race a few years ago. that's bad enough, but doesn't even count the ones where two jackasses pull up side by side and light it up at a street light with no one supervising it.

sure trucks kill people too, and truck owners / drivers do stupid things (face the fact that people are inherintly STUPID). however offroading is 100 times safer than street racing. even mud bog drag racing is 100 times safer. by standers stand WAY back to avoid the splatter. though there are incidents where people do get hurt or killed, they're far fewer than street racing.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know where you're from but everywhere I go we don't have clowns standing street side in massive groups anywhere cars are trying to push speeds in excess or 60mph. anywhere I've seen crowds street side, it's faster to walk than drive.

I dont know where you're from but everywhere I go we don't have clowns standing street side in massive groups anywhere cars are trying to push speeds in excess or 60mph.  anywhere I've seen crowds street side, it's faster to walk than drive.

594492[/snapback]

Understand-Huh-Cat.gif

seriously though.. what?

Misc-Internet_(Ronald).gif

I dont know where you're from but everywhere I go we don't have clowns standing street side in massive groups anywhere cars are trying to push speeds in excess or 60mph.  anywhere I've seen crowds street side, it's faster to walk than drive.

594492[/snapback]

WTF-Army_radio.jpg

I seriousilly couldnt follow that...

street side = pulled over?

Ohio dosent have a "racing scene"

Understand-Cat.jpg

What you talkin' 'bout BigRed!?

not paying attention to 3 things while typing :) yeah, that made NO friggin sense at all

what I was getting at had to do with the statement about street racing being no less dangerous than driving down the roads any other day. I'd never seen groups of people standing road side except when traffic is moving slower on the streets than the people walking down the sidewalks. and if you get hit by a car and killed there. sure it's no less dangerous to the people IN the cars, but when I see kids all lined up street side to watch a street race (like they do in detroit all the time) it scares the crap out of me.

Yea bigred....the race was with literally NOTHING around us, with the exception of corn fields which are by now all plowed over. You city folk dont understand how there are not groups of people watching when we have fun racin'

I do agree on the trucks are better though....I own a 1994 Isuzu Amigo (wish it were a real jeep wrangler, not a wanna be) it does handle better in the snow then little cars like civics and is great for doing doughnuts in the snow :)

0616051946.jpg

Edited by Beachumz

no one does that here in ohio.. the highway we were on had nothing on either side, no people walking anywhere within about a mile of us, not to mention it was in the middle of the night.. and 13 degrees outside. not ideal walking conditions.

594627[/snapback]

OH and that's safe too! lets see black ice, cold tires, and anything else winter driving can throw at you? not to mention the possiblity of another vehicle on the road you didn't plan on. so safe isn't it? can only hope that idiots like that only kill themselves and no one else.

no matter how you slice it street racing is dangerous... and you wonder why it's illegal. if you wanna race got a track where conditions are regulated and SAFETY is taken into consideration by people who have a clue.

READ

this too

round 3

yet again?

these are your safe drivers?

I can keep this up on the safety issues of "street racing". sure people get killed in offroading accidents... but FAR fewer... and it's almost always thier own fault (don't try to spot a 7000lb truck while between the bumper and a tree). INNOCENT people die from street racing mistakes, mistakes made by drivers who think it's "safe" or they're "safe" drivers...

EDIT: I also understand the phrase no one around. that's a preception. I own property that many would consider "middle of no where"... heck 40 minute drive to the neighbors in georgia... 2 HOURS in colorado. and ya know what... they put those roads there for a reason... PEOPLE DRIVE ON THEM. I've driven out of my property in georgia at 3am and start driving down a 2 lane country road headed to another country road... and I see other vehicles on that road. so how do you know that down the road there isn't a car that stalled on a 13 degree night? come flying down the road at high rate of speed and plow into it? WFT then? or say you do manage to run up a slow moving vehicle... and you do pass it? you realize what the wind sheer can to another vehicle? how do you know you won't hit a patch of black ice and skid all over the road? possibly hitting that car that you didn't know was there? oh yeah, real safe :rolleyes:

Edited by bigred

where is 90mph close to the speed limit in Ohio? how do you know that another slower moving car won't turn on to the road ahead of you, or be around a bend? how do you know where black ice is at on the roads (13 degrees is plenty cold)? you take too many things for granted that put peoples lives in danger. not just your own, or the other assclown driving down the road with you... but INNOCENT people. like I said best case senario in a street racing accient is that only the driver is killed... which in many cases can be good thing... corpses can't pass thier stupid genetic material onto children.