Civic Turbo Vs Bmw 325i

DraconicPenguin

exhaust has to be properly managed or one will get the incorrect back-pressure to the engine. simply slapping on a bigger exhaust wont cut the mustard.

apostlics - the stock 1.8 honda integra engine pushes 200bhp and the 2.0 stock is 220bhp. the rsx/s is an un-necessary upgrade all things considered. the 1.6 VTEC has a lot of potential esp seeing as it is an older one (standard of 125bhp). if you really want to go above the rest, take an older prelude engine and plop that into a civic along with chassis strengthening and suspension adjustments. better still, start with the 1.8VTi engine...!

invader, the lad said that this was a transitional project - time and effort - nice and slow :D and i don't blame the fella. take your time, learn your lessons. good trait if you ask me.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ford wins 8s

592901[/snapback]

You're kidding right? Ford has the weakest v8's of the big 3 in their cars. :lol: Unless you count the engine they put in the GT. And the z06 can still hang with it. ;)

Let me break this down

Ford Mustang GT with 4.6L - 300hp/325lb ft

Chevy Camaro Z28 with an LS1 - 305hp/335lb ft (no longer produced and still slightly more powerful than fords newest ;) )

Pontiac GTO with an LS2 - 400hp/400lb ft (also available in the base corvette)

Chevy Corvette Z06 with an LS7 - 505hp/470lb ft

Dodge Charger R/Twith 5.7L - 340hp/390lb ft

Dodge Charger SRT8 with 6.1L - 425hp/420lb ft

Edited by 94Camaro

[quote(GmAz @ Dec 8 2005, 04:51 PM)

So you are pushing what....140hp from your civic?  haha...poor 1.6L cars.  Would probably whoop you in my Stock '05 Focus ST.  150+ stock HP.    tongue.gif  tongue.gif

*QUOTE]

YEAH BUT LETS MAKE IT A NICER RACE  go against my o5 si i bet ill be ya. stay with in classes man. my 2.0 will mop against yours.

if i change to the rsx -s engine setup it has 220 with out the turbo

592906[/snapback]

uh huh.. and if i put a k20 in my car? it would destroy you.

05 Si's are pigs. i like em, but they look even more like minivans

my car makes more power right now than an 05, not to mention it weighs about 500 lbs less.

so yeah, lets race.

You could pick up a lot of power with a full 2.5" exhaust. That tiny stock one won't cut it for turbo. Have you upgraded your intake? Ignition? Fuel delivery?

592908[/snapback]

full exhaust is next, im already workin on it ;) i should have one within the month

intake... well that kinda is a big part of the turbo setup.....

fuel/ignition tuning is all through emanage. it has a good basemap that works fine for the stock setup with the kit.

img34956af.th.jpg

You're kidding right? Ford has the weakest v8's of the big 3 in their cars.  :lol: Unless you count the engine they put in the GT. And the z06 can still hang with it.  ;)

Let me break this down

Ford Mustang GT with 4.6L - 300hp/325lb ft

Chevy Camaro Z28 with an LS1 - 305hp/335lb ft (no longer produced and still slightly more powerful than fords newest ;) )

Pontiac GTO with an LS2 - 400hp/400lb ft (also available in the base corvette)

Chevy Corvette Z06 with an LS7 - 505hp/470lb ft

Dodge Charger R/Twith 5.7L - 340hp/390lb ft

Dodge Charger SRT8 with 6.1L - 425hp/420lb ft

592924[/snapback]

haha nice work... Im more of a euro guy so I dont know much about those american ones...

yeah but the focus st is 4 cylinder 2.0 litre....and only 170bhp or if it's the newest model, 2.5l 5 cylinder turbo-charged and 220bhp...which is quite poor compared to a stock 2.0l 4 cylinder honda civic type r engine that is not turboed that pumps out 210bhp....

ford are good, but under-powered. i'm a ford owner and happily admit that til the cows come home. sorry, but honda win the 4 cylinder competition hands down buddy.

592888[/snapback]

Its auctually a 2.3l four-banger not turbo'd. That 2.5l Turbo is european only. Someone mentioned to stay in the class a few posts after the one I am quoting. If you are gonna stay in the class, then go for the SVT Focus or the Euro Focus RS. That is staying in the class. Equivelant honda for my car is the Civic LX. I have all the bells in my car down to the sun roof. The Civic SI or Type R are not in my class.

Civics can be fast but it takes a decent amount of mods. My friend has a 2000 Civic Si stock there really not fast (15.7 granted thats good for a 1.6L) but with the Chevy Cobalt 2.4L Ecotec they can run around 15.2-15.3 stock. My friend runs 15.3 with headers, exhaust, intake, Carbon Fibre Hood (I know not much of a performance mod but can be considerded lightening), short shifter and lowered and a couple of other little things here and there. And if you look at the new 06 Si's with 200HP they still run 15.7 (granted the car has gained a couple of pounds). And yes people torque does mattter.

[quote(GmAz @ Dec 8 2005, 04:51 PM)

So you are pushing what....140hp from your civic?  haha...poor 1.6L cars.  Would probably whoop you in my Stock '05 Focus ST.  150+ stock HP.    tongue.gif  tongue.gif

*QUOTE]

YEAH BUT LETS MAKE IT A NICER RACE  go against my o5 si i bet ill be ya. stay with in classes man. my 2.0 will mop against yours.

if i change to the rsx -s engine setup it has 220 with out the turbo

592906[/snapback]

Yeah, but as soon as you have to make a turn, you're screwed due to the gushy stock suspension and the poorly mounted rear coilovers on the '05 Si. Oh and the brakes aren't much better either. I would have waited for the '06 Si...now that is a sexy freaking car!

civic turbo vs. the 325i and the winner isss....... OH! The Shelby GT500.
The only problem is the difference in cost. Civic for $1000, 325i for 5-10,000 (depending on year), GT500 for what, 500k? haha Edited by imm0rt41