How Do You Name Your Mmo Characters?

Kamikaze_Badger

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually use flareback or Ciej (my initials are c j and which some friends pronounce as siege or ciej). Some games require 2 names (GuildWars) and I use the indonesian word for Mr. which is pak or if its a necro I use the indonesian word for witchdoctor (dukun).

• 2 weeks later...

I use mac173 for most boards and such on the web. It developed in college, when I spent more time in the pinball hall then my then girlfriend (now wife of 25 years) thought I should, so I used mac173 when I got a high score and didn't want her to know I was playing enough to get high scores. mac I picked for the char from books called Mack Bolan, the 173 was a hot girls dorm room number.

In MMO's I try to pick a name that fits the character and race. In EQ, my main is Kunnar, a Vah Shir Beastlord. The archetecture is very Indian, and Kunnar is a small city in India near Tibet.

My other characters are similar. Krael (Dark Elf cleric), Anikor Kristal`Arsch (last name means Glass ., he is a mage), Wintmore Meridith(english name for a Bard), that kind of thing.

I mostly do not like the Assasintokillyou kind of name in a MMO, because it breaks the imersion of the game. I like to keep things on a more role-playing basis than that.

for mmos, it usually depends on my race/class. for FF11, my mithran was named Fiaria (names that end in "ia", i just cant get enough of them) my human female was named Kan Mi Youn after my favorite Korean music artist. for phantasy star universe, my newman female (force) is named Shoo, another korean music artist, but it kinda sounds mage like too, at least to my ears. then my Cast female (ranger) its odd that there are female robots, but whatever, is named Freya, after the anime Chobits. im not very original. but my names for FPS and forums, i just like odd sounding names, like Tirian.