How Do You Name Your Mmo Characters?

Kamikaze_Badger

Since there seems to be a variety of methods and rules for naming MMO game chars, what rules do you follow?

I usually use chars from my writing (Keir, Consera, Tekalah, SeLin, etc), or my now legendary zSilverFox handle (now used by the butthole playing on my Thang account. I wish I wouldn't of given her away).

So, how do you name yours?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will take my email and alais first, alown, achasemahr,

then,i will i will take cool words and spell then wrong.

recnamorcen = necromancer backwards, or

anything that has my "own" ending. aown, tetisown.

in mmo's i usually incorporate the class its in somehow, and sometimes its purpose. ie. my last mmo D2: moo_sorc sorcy_mfyay or whatnot, assassinwhokills , i dunno stuff like that. If not i make up stuff, like Garlbad, or Rleyap, or Franchie, or Kuiter, or Dermul, or sOMETHING like that, crazy off the top of my head.

Since there seems to be a variety of methods and rules for naming MMO game chars, what rules do you follow?

I usually use chars from my writing (Keir, Consera, Tekalah, SeLin, etc), or my now legendary zSilverFox handle (now used by the butthole playing on my Thang account. I wish I wouldn't of given her away).

So, how do you name yours?

577606[/snapback]

your SilverFox?

you ever play Cs 1.5? i swear i use to play with this dude named SilverFox all the time

Lotsa SilverFox's out there.

I'm the only zSilver_Fox :D. Long story behind that... and, because I'm bored, I'll tell it.

I was playing Team Fortress Classic on the dVa Disaster Zone server, on the beta version of Troy (Attack/Defend map based on The Illiad... sort of). I was pairing up with my good friend and the only female gamer on there, zQuark (I originally was just Silver_Fox), a member of dVa, and we were kicking butt as Soldier & Medic (ultimate tag team in TFC). Ronin, also a member of dVa, joined in. Eventually, after we won a round, he said "Oh god we own... TEAM Z!", and changed his name to "zRonin". I followed suit, and became zSilver_Fox. Quote zQuark: "Oh god, I've created a monster."

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger

I use Mercenary(FH) as my name on most MMRPG's I just made it up one day, usually I just think of something I like or something from another game, random stuff

Mercenary actually came from an Old Magic the gathering card deck i had, which was all mercenaries lol