Bought A Couple New Games

cdoggown

IM not a big PC gamer, but I will be spending what looks to be countless hours on the PC because of two new games I picked up yesterday: Guild Wars and Age of Empires 3.

I have only played one LAN match in AOE3 and was impressed. A little more complex than the previous entries in the series, this was a welcome change. Graphically it is MUCH improved and should tax even the better systems with all the goodies on. My 6600GT OC is running it at 1280x1024 with everything on High, water reflections on, and AA turned off pretty well with just very occassional slowdowns when there are a couple hundred men on the screen.

Guild Wars I have so far spent all of 5 minutes on. I am a Monk, which in retrospect doesnt seem to be nearly as cool as I thought it would be. My brother and a friend from work are supposed to get it this weekend so I will wait for them to join up before taking on the many challenges. Just from reading GameFaqs reviews I think it may be a trifle complex compared to my standard gaming far of NBA Live and X-Men Legends 2.

Anyone else play these games and if so, want to throw me a few pointers?

I played guild wars, fun game. Stay with the monk, it will turn "cool" once you get more into the game. Be a healing monk in teh beginning, its much easier to get groups. Then go smite if you want to, or stick with healing. Instant Message me if you want some help :D.

uh, healing monks are just boring, if you do be a healer, you can try a mass mender for HoH, or be a prot monk. imo prot monks are the best for self tanking :D right now im experimenting with a blinding ele/war that literally can take on 2 wars, and on the side, a damage reducing ranger :D greater conflag spirit+ fire defense armor :lol: with interuptions. other than that, i love my pve monk due to the fact that i have martyr :P btw e/mo smiters are better than primary monk smiters, big big diff in mana. btw, i just started my guild, and i have capes and halls too, i got no one atm, im looking for ppl to join and most likely officers would be first to join basis. pm me @ death harmony on gw, or ill probably be on my new pve char gotcha mojo.

uh, healing monks are just boring, if you do be a healer, you can try a mass mender for HoH, or be a prot monk. imo prot monks are the best for self tanking :D right now im experimenting with a blinding ele/war that literally can take on 2 wars, and on the side, a damage reducing ranger :D greater conflag spirit+ fire defense armor :lol: with interuptions. other than that, i love my pve monk due to the fact that i have martyr :P btw e/mo smiters are better than primary monk smiters, big big diff in mana.

573581[/snapback]

Sorry Swifty, I am 5 mins into my GW career and hardly understood what your writing here... So I shoudl delete my character and start over as an Elementalist?

no, since you just started, keep your monk. besides you have a LONG WAY to go before you start unlocking/capturing the really sweet goodies. btw, do NOT buy skills for any reason, trust me, it will make getting elite skills a huge pain because you used up all your skill points, save them up and then buy skills once you reach the ring of fire islands.

IM still waiting for my Descent 3 to arrive, its and old game but new to me.. Its been 9 days since I ordered, Freaking 7-14 days..... never again I swear...

i saw the box set at frys for 70 bucks i cant wait to get it. aoe3 i mean

573611[/snapback]

Yeah I saw the big set for 70 at a few places. Didnt really need the xtras so i skipped them and went for the standard version for 47.99. if you get it we should figure out how to get a few of us on for a 4 player deathmatch. Sounds fun to me!

I got AOE3 and I must say it is the best one yet. For any Age of Empires fan it's a must get. The physics engine is one of the greatest improvements though it would have been nice if it impacted gameplay. Still nice none the less. And the graphics make everything much more enjoyable. I'm looking forward to playing it in multiplayer.