Led Always On

An LED in the bottom left corner of my motherboard is always on, I have to unplug the computer to turn it off. Is this normal? Everything seems to be working in perfect order so if its a signal for a problem I am over looking it.

I figured that, but moving from a pile of . dell I have never seen that before. If it were a problem light I would have wanted to catch it before it potentially wrecked my system.

Thats good to know. My systems not running yet, but when it does, I also would have been surprised to see an LED on after I turn my rig off. Heck...I only found out there were on-board LEDs until like 2 days ago when I had no power and decided to actually read a manual for once.

uh its got a light like that on most of not all motherboards. its normal.... does it really bother you?

568772[/snapback]

Im a noob and I the only other computer than I have really fooled around with was a Dell, I dont count Dell motherboards as being most motherboards or normal.

Edit* Also, while I have a thread about my motherboard, could someone tell me the model to select in MBM5?

I looked at the ones under DFI and compared it with the info in CPU-Z and I couldnt find anything.

Edited by BlitzBomb

could someone tell me the model to select in MBM5

If you want to monitor temps, use the ITE smartguardian program on the mobo CD.

If you want to monitor voltages, get yourself a digital multimeter.

If you want to monitor temps, use the ITE smartguardian program on the mobo CD.

If you want to monitor voltages, get yourself a digital multimeter.

568925[/snapback]

Ok thanks for the advice, I wasnt sure what the ITE smartguardian program was for.

I guess I never let my rig sit long enough to see that the light did turn off ;) I feel dumb now lol