Delema

hey

im in quite a pradicament my celly 2.0 is dieing but the rest of my system is ok so i need a new proc. problem is i can not find any p4's for sale with a 533fsb so what i need to know is if i purchase a p4ht with an 800fsb will it run on my mobo?

my mobo is cappable of useing ht but not 800fsb only 533,and 400fsb

i need some help on this one i realy am happy with my computer as it stands

celly 2.0(dieing)

aopen ax4ge-n

2x256 ocz

9800 pro 128

i have no reason to upgrade my system atm im happy with 35-40fps on med in bf2

I have a 2.6 that I think has a 533fsb

I'd be more than happy to get rid of it.

How would I check to see what it is, all I have is the CPU, no documentation or anything?

551945[/snapback]

Just look at your processor.

and nobody has answerd my question can an 800fsb proc run on my board just at 533 speeds

551954[/snapback]

It might work, but your CPU will be underclocked, and you can't change the multiplier so.........P4 2.4c with 12x133=about a 1.5 Ghz Northwood (yuk!). A 2.6 would be about 1.7 at the 133 FSB. So you'd need a decent OC just to get to stock speeds for an 800 FSB chip.

Better off staying with a 533 FSB s478 Northwood or maybe a Prescott "a".

the way over priced 3.06 has HTT

But b4 you buy one of these you may want to look into a skt 754 board and a sempron. a 2500+ sempron costs about $60, and a decent board will cost you around $70, $100-110 for a really good board and it'll out game the 2.66 at stock speeds. SO for the same money you could get a lot better setup, or a little better setup for less, a boar dhtat will run 300ish HTT is kinda needed so an Epox for the lower nd to get you up around 285, or a DFI lanparty to get you a little more to give a very nice OC on the sempron (with a stock cooler)

I with the celly/p4/sempron/A64 experence i have i would DEFINATLY say the sempron setup would be very nice to you, a 3000+ sempron OCed to 2.3 will run with a 3200+ skt 754 all day long playing BF2, so with teh max OC of a 2600+ being near 2.4 (due to HTT limitations) 2.1 is pretty much the max of the 2500+ so maybe upping to the 2600 to get the higher multiplier would be a better bet...you could have a better system for not much upgrae cost (especially considering the price of a 533 P4 over 2.66)

Edited by cchalogamer