Motherboard Mod

I am trying to put a motherboard in a 1u rackmount server case. The problem is it has the 3 rear audio jacks on top of each other and it is taller than the case. This will be a server and I don't need audio, so I was wondering if there was a way to take these off the mobo, and still have it function correctly??

Anyone ever do this or know if it possible?

Hmmm...soldering it off sounds like your only option, but I don't know if it would interfere with the board's ability to function. Worse case scenario: find a motherboard from an old or crappy computer, and do what you need to do on it, and test to see if it still works, if it does then do the same to the one you need for it to be done to. I doubt using a chainsaw, or even simple cutting would work. Good luck.

i dont think De soldering would do,cause of the multi coats on motherboards. On the other hand cutting it very carefully leaving every wires or whatever is in there as they were like not touching eachother as if the thing was still there would look better to me :(

But to tell you the truth i wouldn't try it :P

Yah, but he needs to take them off...

Maybe getting a new case or cutting it up could do the trick. But kobalt is definitely right, you can't mess with it much, especially motherboards, I don't think you want to fry it :blink:

Well, like I said, try not to mess with the motherboard, attempt changes to your case instead :thumbs-up:

• 2 months later...