Just Started Water Cooling Had A Few Questions

akac

i bought that hose too....cause all my tygon was cut up and too short and i needed something to check fitments and installation....but im ordering tygon again and heres why.

look at the hose you and I bought. is it chemically safe hose? is it organic only? (ie: food/water only use) it should say on the label what its for. youre running 100f temps of water too and therell be a slight pressure in the system too. if youre running anything other than regular distilled water id go with a different hose. you asked about coolant, well, if youre runnign anything with alcohol in it or an anti-freeze substance...id recommend going with a lab-tubing sort of hose thats non-organic and chemically safe. (this has been recommended to me earlier)

if you dont itll break down over time and eventually cause a crack or three and leak all over your system shorting it out causing a fire and if you have any pets running around theyll taste the anti-freexze mix and decide its sweet enough to keep eating and all your pets will die from the glycol ingestion poisioning. i dont want that.

just some worst-case-scenario :)

I run water wetter and distilled water... works perfectly.. never had gunk build up..

Bought my tubing at Lowes too, but can't remember which kind...

coloring yes, but DO NOT use food coloring... I forget why, but from what I remember, it will screw up the system.....

but don't forget water wetter and anti'freeze have their own colors....

well i just bought new stuff for my compter. on top of what i have i bought a blackice xtreme 120mm and a tt temp gage so its going to run like this pump rad120mm cpu rad(bi duel 80mm) res back to pump. right now i have my 3.2 oc'ed to a 3.6 with stock volts runs stable, cpu and case are at 43c. wanted to see if the second rad would cool the water down a little more before it hit the cpu. bought some tygon hose 1/2in 3/4 od so i have to buy new clamps when that comes in.

• 2 weeks later...

well guys its almost done here are the few pics i have of it. hard to belive but i have someware around 45 zipties in there. think i did good with the cable management what do you guys think.

Edited by akac