What You Do For A Living / Job

TimeMachine

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, let me get this started.

Safeway: Five years; bag boy($6.50), Stocking, produce, Deli, Finally Fuel attendant ($12.90).

CEC Tech support 3 months.

Ski instructor 5 years, seasonal. The union dues negate the pay checks.

Webmaster for the ski school, 2 years. Mostly volunteered time.

Well, during the summer I work in a sweat shop, also known as a screen printing factory. Meaning I am a part of the process that prints anything on t-shirts. The website is fullborepromo.com if you want some more info. All I do is pull shirts off the expensive machine that does all the work and put them on the 450 degree dryer. On bad days I'm the guy right behind the 450degree dryer picking up the 200degree shirts and folding them in stacks of twelve as I look for mistakes. lol. I make $6.50 an hour but its a ton of overtime. I normally get close to $1000 every two weeks and if the Tampa Bay Lighting or Tampa Bay Bucs win thier respective divisions/championships...I get rich. When that happens I have to work close to 24/7 for 3 days, the only way that I stay awake is by drinkin the complimentary Red Bull...lol

Formally I worked for Kmart and will never work in retail again. I'm a freshmen in college at UCF studying Electrical Engineering. BTW, the only reason I keep working in the sweat shop is cause I can call in 5 mins after I was sposed to be into work and they normally don't care cause I'm the hardest worker they have and I always stay late when they want me to.

P.S. I wanna be bigred...

P.P.S. I really like using ...

First real job = Assistant Manager at a car wash when I was 17.

Second real job = Carpenter for a construction company. I did the carpentry work for about 6 months and then was promoted to a Business Manager for the same compan and then did that for about a year.

Third and current real job = IT Manager for a computer company.

btw, I am only 21. :)

First real job = Assistant Manager at a car wash when I was 17.

Second real job = Carpenter for a construction company. I did the carpentry work for about 6 months and then was promoted to a Business Manager for the same compan and then did that for about a year.

Third and current real job = IT Manager for a computer company.

btw, I am only 21. :)

540392[/snapback]

you guys have like the most chillest lives on earth! but we all gotta start somewhere.

I tried to get a job at comp-usa, but they never hired me

540338[/snapback]

consider yourself LUCKY. they treated me really bad at the end. fortunately I got the last laugh when the judge said they had to pay out the rest of my contract... even though I went to work for MS :) 8 months of my wages from those assclowns! I want to see them go down, but it's tough to imagine knowing thier background.

of course I also turned down a nice fat deal from microcenter to come back and run thier new play-thing CBW for them... not enough $$$ to deal with retail BS mixed with big company politics.