Got Me Some New Wheels!

Some_Guy_

With skyrocketing gas prices, and some 240000 miles on the truck, I decided it was time to let her go. I traded for a 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe. I know I could have done better than that for fuel economy, but there's something to be said for style and comfort as well.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you have that 10 year warranty right :lol: . My neighbors bought one of the new ones and it seems to be holding up well. The only problem is they got Tboned by a drunkie and it went into the shop for a ouple of weeks but its right back on the road now pwning all the... turtles and stuff at the dragstrip. I half wish I had a fuel efficient car witha 10 year warranty right now :(

At least you have that 10 year warranty right

in 2001 they had a 5 year/100,000 km. Since this particular one is over the 100,000 kms, I bought a 3 year powertrain and "value pack" warranty which also covers stuff like steering and suspension from lubrico.

Acura MDX: 3.5L V6 265hp 188in long 77in wide 106in wheelbase

Hyundai Santa Fe: 3.5L V6 200hp 177in long 73in wide 103in wheelbase

Kia Sportage: 2.7L V6 166hp 177in long 71in wide 103in wheelbase

They seem to be fairly different cars.

Not my choice of SUV (I prefer Nissan), but it's not bad at all. At least it's not American.  :lol: *waits for flames*

531793[/snapback]

lol :lol: Aww....it's OK... the only flames you'll see are the ones engulfing your vehicle as my scorching-hot rubber hits it after we take off from the lineup.

Acura MDX: 3.5L V6 265hp 188in long 77in wide 106in wheelbase

Hyundai Santa Fe: 3.5L V6 200hp 177in long 73in wide 103in wheelbase

Kia Sportage: 2.7L V6 166hp 177in long 71in wide 103in wheelbase

They seem to be fairly different cars.

531749[/snapback]

I looked into it. they're all actually based on the same platform (similar to the expidition / F150 type of thing). the width at the wheels is actually the fenders... not at the center of the wheel... which is the same on all of them. the wheel base on the MDX is slightly longer, much like the EXT models of the yukon vs the standard edition.

they're all part of hyundai motor sports.